controlling pump speed depending on GPU temperature or custom sensor via sw

Go to solution Solved by For Science!,
1 minute ago, Hw87634 said:

I have multiple 2 pin sensors, I cannot order right now come temp sensors but I have this: https://www.aquatuning.us/water-cooling/monitoring/flow-indicator/13769/aquacomputer-flow-rate-sensor-high-flow-usb-g1/4

it has a temp sensor inside and check fluid speed... how can be helpful? or should I go straight to some simple G1/4 sensors

It looks like to me that it has the capacity to read off a 2-pin temp sensor but it is not a temp sensor itself. Better just get a passthrough or plug sensor and plug it directly into the motherboard,

I have to add the rtx 3080 to the loop, what can I do in order to create a pump speed profile dependant on gpu temp?

would be even better if there is a sw way  to do this: I just created a custom sensor in hwinfo that sum the tdp of cpu+gpu....

so the best thing to do would be use this value for setting the pump speed.

1 hour ago, Hw87634 said:

I have to add the rtx 3080 to the loop, what can I do in order to create a pump speed profile dependant on gpu temp?

would be even better if there is a sw way  to do this: I just created a custom sensor in hwinfo that sum the tdp of cpu+gpu....

so the best thing to do would be use this value for setting the pump speed.

2pin temperature probe for coolant temperature and couple fan speed to this in BIOS. alternatively a device like the Aquaero can do this if you don't have a 2-pin sensor on your motherboard.

Fan Control should do, even the bit with working off multiple temp sensors.

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

14 hours ago, For Science! said:

2pin temperature probe for coolant temperature and couple fan speed to this in BIOS. alternatively a device like the Aquaero can do this if you don't have a 2-pin sensor on your motherboard.

I have multiple 2 pin sensors on the board, I cannot order right now some temp sensors but I have this: https://www.aquatuning.us/water-cooling/monitoring/flow-indicator/13769/aquacomputer-flow-rate-sensor-high-flow-usb-g1/4

it has a temp sensor inside and check fluid speed... how can be helpful? or should I go straight to some simple G1/4 sensors

1 minute ago, Hw87634 said:

I have multiple 2 pin sensors, I cannot order right now come temp sensors but I have this: https://www.aquatuning.us/water-cooling/monitoring/flow-indicator/13769/aquacomputer-flow-rate-sensor-high-flow-usb-g1/4

It looks like to me that it has the capacity to read off a 2-pin temp sensor but it is not a temp sensor itself. Better just get a passthrough or plug sensor and plug it directly into the motherboard,

45 minutes ago, For Science! said:

he can read fluid temp inside also. But I have no idea to let the BIOS know this value