How do i increase the fps of my GTX1660ti by 90%?

I'm planning to get my first gaming pc which is going to have Asus ROG-STRIX-GTX1660TI-O6G GAMING which is a aftermarket version of the GTX1660Ti. The problem is that the fps is going to be very low like what you see on this video.

To make matters worse, having a RTX 3070 will increase the price of my pc so much that my parents couldn't afford it. Plz answer this question.

You cannot overclock the 1660ti to be 90% faster. If you want better fps, you need to either lower the graphics settings in your games, or get a better GPU. Those are your two options. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 minutes ago, Farouq Samman said:

I'm planning to get my first gaming pc which is going to have Asus ROG-STRIX-GTX1660TI-O6G GAMING which is a aftermarket version of the GTX1660Ti. The problem is that the fps is going to be very low like what you see on this video.

To make matters worse, having a RTX 3070 will increase the price of my pc so much that my parents couldn't afford it. Plz answer this question.

Those benchmark videos could easily be faked. Also the 1660ti is meant for 1080p gaming. It's not going to compare to the 3070.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

You can increase the fps by 5% max when overclocked. Mayby if you liquid nitrogen cool yoru gpu you can achieve little better results but with your budget you cna only make it around 5% faster depending on the overclock.

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

You can increase your FPS by reducing the QUALITY Settings.

In the video above, he's benchmarking the game at 1080p or 1440p ULTRA quality - configure your game to MEDIUM-HIGH quality and you'll get much higher fps.

On very high quality settings, the games use very big textures which fill up the video card memory and if your video card doesn't have enough memory on board, the performance drops.  By lowering the game quality preset, everything will fit in the video card's memory and it will run faster.

Lowering the video quality will also disable or reduce some things ... for example instead of having shadows for every tree and building in the picture, there may be shadows only on things close to you, the player, and most likely you won't even notice those shadows way there in the distance but the video card doesn't have to calculate those shadows anymore so it will make more frames per second.

The benchmarks are made at ULTRA quality settings, so that the processor will not influence the benchmark.

The game uses cpu to determine what to put in each frame and then tells the video card to make the pretty frame.  If you set image quality very low, video card finishes fast and then waits for the game to tell it to draw the next frame.

With very low image quality, it's possible that the video card finishes so fast, it will basically wait for the game and the processor to prepare and tell it to draw the next frame, and then you get a bad result ... the benchmark wants to test just the video card, not the whole PC.

Of course, you can also get a bit more performance by overclocking the gpu chip and the memory chips on the video card, but the extra performance will be quite small.

You'll NEVER be able to get it close to 3070 levels of performance while having same image quality - think about it, if this was possible, EVERYONE would just buy these cheaper cards and overclock them and get the same FPS.

You can get higher fps by reducing quality, and a bit by overclocking.

In the end the gpu chip has a much lower number of "cores" inside it  so it can do much less amount of work within a unit of time, compared to the 3070.

Give it less work to do - by lowering the image quality - and it will finish each game frame faster and you'll get more fps.

2 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:

You can increase the fps by 5% max when overclocked. Mayby if you liquid nitrogen cool yoru gpu you can achieve little better results but with your budget you cna only make it around 5% faster depending on the overclock.

That would be not ideal for daily usage and you increase the risk of damaging the graphics card. The majority of your time doing this would be pouring LN2 than playing games!!

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Just now, CommanderAlex said:

That would be not ideal for daily usage and you increase the risk of damaging the graphics card. The majority of your time doing this would be pouring LN2 than playing games!!

Well yes ofc. I just pointed all the things out that could make the fps better. If OP can not afford 3070 why would he have money for LN?

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

There is no way to do that. Maybe make a post asking for some parts suggestions as I saw you were getting a near 500$ motherboard for a mid range cpu which is crazy to do. Some build optimization would allow you to easily get a better gpu

6 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:

Well yes ofc. I just pointed all the things out that could make the fps better. If OP can not afford 3070 why would he have money for LN?

True, hypothetically speaking he can do LN2. As a result, this leads to my next question: What is his exact build? He may be going overkill on other components where he can save money and buy a 3070. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Just now, CommanderAlex said:

True, hypothetically speaking he can do LN2. As a result, this leads to my next question: What is his exact build? He may be going overkill on other components where he can save money and buy a 3070. 

Well he has been spamming this kind of questions very much lately.

@Farouq Samman Make a thread where you have yoru current list using pc partpicker.

then tell your budget, resolution and what you want to achieve

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Just Sold

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

lol you cant overclock 90% faster. look for a 1080 used or 2070 used