Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Windows stuck on install on brand new build

do i currently built a new pc and i am trying to put windows 10 os on to my pc but when im running the boot usb (the one that came with the activation key) it gets stuck at 9% for preparing files for install any advice on how to fix this 

Link to post
Share on other sites

When it gets stuck, are you able to press the red X in the right upper corner or is the interface frozen completely?

I do not require glory, only results.

Link to post
Share on other sites

i am able to press the x i have tried restarting it using diffrent usb ports and just leaving it on 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Noelstrombom said:

i am able to press the x i have tried restarting it using diffrent usb ports and just leaving it on 

Are you able to create another installation disk or is it your only computer?

I do not require glory, only results.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

When it gets stuck, are you able to press the red X in the right upper corner or is the interface frozen completely?

unfortunately it is my only computer. but i might have a friend who has one i could use. do you think that the installation disk could be corrupted or missing a file or something ??

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Noelstrombom said:

unfortunately it is my only computer. but i might have a friend who has one i could use. do you think that the installation disk could be corrupted or missing a file or something ??

It could be true but we would need to see if the other disk comes through. If you can ask your friend to use a computer to create a new one that would be awesome.

I do not require glory, only results.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

It could be true but we would need to see if the other disk comes through. If you can ask your friend to use a computer to create a new one that would be awesome.

i will do that later today when he wakes up and get back to you thanks for the help man 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Noelstrombom said:

so the probelm was resolved the usb i made with a friends pc worked

 

Thats great, hope all else went well with the build !

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×