My current system is:

MSI B450 GAMING PRO AC

Ryzen 5 3600 with stock cooler

Patriot Viper Steel 3200 16GB

MSI Radeon RX 470 4GB Gaming X

Seasonic M12II 520W

2 x Sata SSD, 2 x HDD

Zalman Z11 Plus case with 5 stock fans

So far I wasn't worried about my PSU because I've always had relatively mid-range components not requiring much. I knew Seasonic is a reputable brand, so I recycled my PSU through 3 different rigs over the time, but now it's over 10 years old, and my friend who's about to buy an RTX3080 will give me his old Vega 64 LC. I do intend to upgrade to Radeon 6700/6700XT/6800 later next year when supply is bigger and the price drops a little.

I've been reading through your list of PSUs and since I live in a country with relatively limited choice (Croatia), I find it hard to find a Power Supply that should do the trick. The ones I find are mostly way out of my price range and way more expensive than in the states, except one.

I found an FSP Hydro PRO 700W for about $85. I can't really find it in your list, except maybe in tier C under "FSP / Fortron / Quanhan | Raider II - HEXA 85+ - Hydro GE / Pro - Hyper M85+" Is that the one? I know I should basically avoid the Hyper series, and Hydro should be good enough, but I'm a little bit concerned about Tier C rating. Although, by the same rating system my current one is even worse and it held up all these years without any problems.

Note, I intend to undervolt the Vega while keeping the same clocks. I'm also moving my rig to a case with better airflow and less fans (Fractal Design Meshify C), and ditching the 2 HDDs and 1 SSD i favour of m.2 drives later.

What do you think about this PSU? I just hope I won't lose my components after installing it.

26 minutes ago, Sophos7 said:

Hello guys. New member here.

My current system is:

MSI B450 GAMING PRO AC

Ryzen 5 3600 with stock cooler

Patriot Viper Steel 3200 16GB

MSI Radeon RX 470 4GB Gaming X

Seasonic M12II 520W

2 x Sata SSD, 2 x HDD

Zalman Z11 Plus case with 5 stock fans

So far I wasn't worried about my PSU because I've always had relatively mid-range components not requiring much. I knew Seasonic is a reputable brand, so I recycled my PSU through 3 different rigs over the time, but now it's over 10 years old, and my friend who's about to buy an RTX3080 will give me his old Vega 64 LC. I do intend to upgrade to Radeon 6700/6700XT/6800 later next year when supply is bigger and the price drops a little.

I've been reading through your list of PSUs and since I live in a country with relatively limited choice (Croatia), I find it hard to find a Power Supply that should do the trick. The ones I find are mostly way out of my price range and way more expensive than in the states, except one.

I found an FSP Hydro PRO 700W for about $85. I can't really find it in your list, except maybe in tier C under "FSP / Fortron / Quanhan | Raider II - HEXA 85+ - Hydro GE / Pro - Hyper M85+" Is that the one? I know I should basically avoid the Hyper series, and Hydro should be good enough, but I'm a little bit concerned about Tier C rating. Although, by the same rating system my current one is even worse and it held up all these years without any problems.

Note, I intend to undervolt the Vega while keeping the same clocks. I'm also moving my rig to a case with better airflow and less fans (Fractal Design Meshify C), and ditching the 2 HDDs and 1 SSD i favour of m.2 drives later.

What do you think about this PSU? I just hope I won't lose my components after installing it.

If you plan to undervolt it 650w should be fine, but i I would still go with a better quality unit. I'd go with this. It's alot more expensive but it's a much better quality unit. https://www.desertcart.hr/products/151581021-cooler-master-mwe-gold-650-w-atx-black-power-supply-unit-power-supply-units-650-w-100-240-50-60-12-6-active-100-w

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

9 minutes ago, Downkey said:

If you plan to undervolt it 650w should be fine, but i I would still go with a better quality unit. I'd go with this. It's alot more expensive but it's a much better quality unit. https://www.desertcart.hr/products/151581021-cooler-master-mwe-gold-650-w-atx-black-power-supply-unit-power-supply-units-650-w-100-240-50-60-12-6-active-100-w

Thanks man, found one for $135. I do intend to undervolt, but I'd also like a PSU that can power RX 6800 in the future when i upgrade from my 2560x1080 to a 3440x1440 monitor. Vega is getting too old for 1440p ultrawide. I guess this one could do both, but MWE Gold V2 750W is only a few dollars more, maybe I should go for that one?

23 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

Unfortunately, only 1 store had it, only in 750W version, but it's out of stock, and at $145 price range. 

Thank you anyway.

EDIT: Found this info about this specific PSU in Tier List. "Units experiencing tripping issues with high transient power draw GPUs like AMD Vega and high-end nVidia Ampere."