Future of Laptops in 2021 with Ryzen 5000 and Nvidia 3000

With the launch of a much better price to performance based Ryzen 5000 and Nvidia RTX 3000 Series, I think the laptops in the price range ~1000-1250 USD are about to see a major bump in their performances as compared to the current generation of laptops available in the market. However I am also a bit skeptical that the laptop manufacturers may want to keep the extra bit of pie for themselves and we may not see many competitive prices laptop in the 1000-1300 USD price range. Additionally I am very optimistic about laptop manufacturers recognizing the demand and performance for Ryzen and give them the exposure they need in the mobile segment. What say?

Just wait and see, nothing more to say

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

7 minutes ago, anks146 said:

With the launch of a much better price to performance based Ryzen 5000 and Nvidia RTX 3000 Series, I think the laptops in the price range ~1000-1250 USD are about to see a major bump in their performances as compared to the current generation of laptops available in the market.

i suppose the new laptop refreshes would be with rtx 3000 gpus and ryzen 4000 cpus.

i do not know when the new amd mobile cpus are gonna release, and i dont think theyll call it the 5000 series, but i do know that this time it comes with navi graphics instead of vega, so the igpu performance should be very good.

😕

23 minutes ago, anks146 said:

With the launch of a much better price to performance based Ryzen 5000 and Nvidia RTX 3000 Series, I think the laptops in the price range ~1000-1250 USD are about to see a major bump in their performances as compared to the current generation of laptops available in the market. However I am also a bit skeptical that the laptop manufacturers may want to keep the extra bit of pie for themselves and we may not see many competitive prices laptop in the 1000-1300 USD price range. Additionally I am very optimistic about laptop manufacturers recognizing the demand and performance for Ryzen and give them the exposure they need in the mobile segment. What say?

Issue is the 3000 cards are better than the 2000 cards but with signifiacntly higher power draw. Don't know if the performance gains will be decimated by being limited power wise on laptops. 5000 series is more promising but vs the new MacBook air they just can't beat the battery life of that thing.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

18 minutes ago, ColdPressCoconutOil said:

ryzen 4000 cpu

These are already out. 

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

These are already out. 

yeah i know, what i meant was the new laptop refreshes would most likely be with existing ryzen 4000 cpus paired with new rtx 3000 mobile gpus.

😕

-> Moved to Laptops and Pre-Built Systems

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It's not so much an issue with laptop makers giving AMD the exposure they deserve, it's the fact that AMD simply doesn't have the capacity to make many chips. They couldn't rise to 50% marketshare (they're around 15% at the moment) even if they wanted to because the capacity isn't there and hasn't been there for a long, long time.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20