Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Getting errors in Event viewer

I have my 9900k over clocked to 5.0 across all cores. I used a guide I found on you tube

I have overclocked before with success. 

The errors im getting are 

A corrected hardware error has occurred

Reported by componet Processor core 

The embedded controller EC returned data when none was requested. The bios might be trying to access the EC without sychronizing with the operating system. 

I have never blue screened. I did have a crash that my video drivers stopped working but wouldnt that be my overclock on my gpu ? 

I did stress test for about 1 hour and didnt have any issues like blue screen. The corrected hardware error happened at bone stock settings in bios. My temps are great under 65c under stress load. I dialed back my gpu overclock from 200 core to 180 and 800 on memory. any ideas ? 

MY RIG #1
I9 9900k Hyper Evo Black 2080 ti Strix Asus Maximus XI Hero 32 gb Hyper X Predator HP OMEN 27" 165hz Lian Li Lancool2 500 gb Samsung NVMEAsus Asus Rog 850 Thor

33 minutes ago, SixtyfpsGaming said:

I have my 9900k over clocked to 5.0 across all cores. I used a guide I found on you tube

I have overclocked before with success. 

The errors im getting are 

A corrected hardware error has occurred

Reported by componet Processor core 

The embedded controller EC returned data when none was requested. The bios might be trying to access the EC without sychronizing with the operating system. 

I have never blue screened. I did have a crash that my video drivers stopped working but wouldnt that be my overclock on my gpu ? 

I did stress test for about 1 hour and didnt have any issues like blue screen. The corrected hardware error happened at bone stock settings in bios. My temps are great under 65c under stress load. I dialed back my gpu overclock from 200 core to 180 and 800 on memory. any ideas ? 

https://www.tenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/126938-long-shutdowns-crashing-freezing-help.html

So after 15k restarts, I think I figured it out. There's a setting in my bios that allows you to set the max CPU core temp. I set it to 85c so that the bios would throttle the CPU if core temps reached that. For whatever reason, if I set this setting to auto, everything works as it should.

I'm still testing, but it looks promising

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Windows 10 Pro X64 |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)