Good Laptop Fit for Wife

I need help finding a good laptop for my wife. She isn't a fan of the uncomfortable to touch sharp edges in most modern designs, and the lack of in store options to feel in person makes finding the right choice hard. Something like the Macbook has a sharp edge on your wrist and she finds it uncomfortable to type. I'm well aware of the soft Alcantara on Surface laptops, but she wants something that she can easily clean with alcohol (COVID related sanitize mindset), and she'd ruin that material. I'm thinking a soft rubberized plastic or at least something with rounded edges. Internal hardware isn't the issue here, it is the model of laptop itself. Feel and function is more important than style.

Any help with model suggestions would be extremely appreciated here.

Thank you in advance.

Maybe the issue is the size of the laptop? We own an hp x360 15", and even with my giant hands my wrists still rest on the metal, nowhere near the edge.

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

We just purchased a HP laptop, model 15z-ef100, and the edge is abnormally rough. There is an edge band of plastic that wraps around the unit and where it meets the other plastic is poor, to say the least. I plan on returning it.

The size is not the issue, and while I wouldn't be opposed to a 17in option, I think material and edge design is key.

3 hours ago, The Snuggler said:

I need help finding a good laptop for my wife. She isn't a fan of the uncomfortable to touch sharp edges in most modern designs, and the lack of in store options to feel in person makes finding the right choice hard. Something like the Macbook has a sharp edge on your wrist and she finds it uncomfortable to type. I'm well aware of the soft Alcantara on Surface laptops, but she wants something that she can easily clean with alcohol (COVID related sanitize mindset), and she'd ruin that material. I'm thinking a soft rubberized plastic or at least something with rounded edges. Internal hardware isn't the issue here, it is the model of laptop itself. Feel and function is more important than style.

Any help with model suggestions would be extremely appreciated here.

Thank you in advance.

Alcohol will degrade rubberised surfaces over time. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Fair enough, but I don't think she'll be using alcohol that frequently. Do you know of any laptop surfaces with that material?