Can't install Apps to Apple Watch Series 3

Go to solution Solved by PointOne,

Thank you guys for your help. Ultimately the software update for Series 3 that came out a few days ago fixed it!

So I can't install any apps from my phone to my Apple Watch Series 3 (yes I know I should have waited like a month and gotten the SE). When I tap install on the app from the list in the Watch app it spins for about a quarter of a second then just goes right back to the install button. I'm running latest Watch OS and iOS. Help?!

Have you tried restarting both the phone and the watch? Also, how much free space do you have on the watch?

11 hours ago, Commodus said:

Have you tried restarting both the phone and the watch? Also, how much free space do you have on the watch?

Yep. I've actually completely unpaired and repaired the Watch and the Phone. I just looked in the watch app and it says I have like 700mb left even though I've installed nothing. Weird. Thank you!

5 minutes ago, PointOne said:

Yep. I've actually completely unpaired and repaired the Watch and the Phone. I just looked in the watch app and it says I have like 700mb left even though I've installed nothing. Weird. Thank you!

Welcome. That's slightly odd — check to see if you have any music synced to it. I know the Series 3 didn't have a ton of space, but it should have more than that free!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you guys for your help. Ultimately the software update for Series 3 that came out a few days ago fixed it!

1 hour ago, PointOne said:

Interesting! Not sure if Apple specifically set out to fix that (it could be a happy byproduct), but glad to know it got sorted in the end. I don't use many third-party apps on my watch, but they do make the hardware much more useful.