Best Bang For Your Buck ($250 Budget)

Ev214

Hey guys, my younger brother is asking for a graphics card to complete his build for Christmas. His specs so far are an i3 and 16 GB DDR4 RAM. His Power supply is 600 watts. What is the best deal in his price range ($250 max) to gain maximum performance? I was eyeing the MSI RX 580 because that was my first graphics card that really packed a punch, any other suggestions? Appreciate the help!

3 minutes ago, Ev214 said:

Hey guys, my younger brother is asking for a graphics card to complete his build for Christmas. His specs so far are an i3 and 16 GB DDR4 RAM. His Power supply is 600 watts. What is the best deal in his price range ($250 max) to gain maximum performance? I was eyeing the MSI RX 580 because that was my first graphics card that really packed a punch, any other suggestions? Appreciate the help!

rx580/1650 SUPER/1660. They are are good cars that have very similar performance. The GTX 1650 SUPER is around 1% better than the rx580 and I really recommend it. The 1650 SUPER is great for budget and will get you good gaming on 1080p 144hz.

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

2 minutes ago, Asez23 said:

1660 super for $240 usd

Could you send the link to this please?? Thanks for the suggestion 

6 minutes ago, jsugarman2005 said:

rx580/1650 SUPER/1660. They are are good cars that have very similar performance. The GTX 1650 SUPER is around 1% better than the rx580 and I really recommend it. The 1650 SUPER is great for budget and will get you good gaming on 1080p 144hz.

Thanks for the suggestions, good information here

33 minutes ago, Ev214 said:

Could you send the link to this please?? Thanks for the suggestion 

1660 SUPER is good for the price, and its around 15-20% better than the 1650 SUPER, I meant to include it but if I did not, then sorry about that, but 1660 super is a great choice.

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

51 minutes ago, Ev214 said:

a used 1070 or better, as it gives you more VRAM over the 1660s with about the same or slightly higher performance than the SUPER.

It's too bad the 5600 XT is so heavily marked up at the moment...are the miners at it again?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

What resolution is the monitor, what I3 cpu is it exactly? I sold a rx580 not even a week ago for $120. You can find deals, be patient something good will come along

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

6 hours ago, Streetguru said:

It's too bad the 5600 XT is so heavily marked up at the moment...are the miners at it again?

Eth prices went up. payback time on gpus is back within close to a year meaning rate of return is 100%

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.