BSOD 0x00000428 after activating XMP

Matanuska
Go to solution Solved by Guest,
31 minutes ago, Matanuska said:

Thanks for the tip! I activated XMP and set the frequency to 3200MHz and that booted me in to windows. What does this mean exactly? 

Edit: When I checked the bios settings again it said that my BIOS had been damaged and that I needed to reflash. I restarted the computer again and it booted me in to windows just fine. Very strange. 

The memory controller on the cpu supports up to 3200mhz, so usually it's a useable frequency.

The bios message may just be from too many attempts to post 3600mhz.

You can clear cmos and after that set the memory back to 3200mhz like you had it and hopefully you wont get that message again.

Hello!

I've just built my computer and when I try to activate the XMP-profile for theRAM I cannot boot in to Windows. I get this error:

https://i.imgur.com/mjFVRY1.jpg

I cannot do the repair, with the USB connected it just shows a blank blue screen and then the computer shuts off. After restart I get this:
https://i.imgur.com/7BhvzuR.jpg

Running default speed on RAM works fine, no hiccups at all. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT 3.9 GHz 8-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100x 57.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard Bios: 7C56vA51(Beta version)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory
Storage: Western Digital SN750 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive 
Storage: Western Digital Black SN850 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive 
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Triple Dissipation Video Card 
Case: Corsair 4000D ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit
Monitor: MSI Optix G241 23.8" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor  

I've tried disabling driver signature enforcement but that didn't work.

Enable XMP, but manually set the memory frequency to 3200mhz. See if that boots up and runs without error. 

13 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Enable XMP, but manually set the memory frequency to 3200mhz. See if that boots up and runs without error. 

Thanks for the tip! I activated XMP and set the frequency to 3200MHz and that booted me in to windows. What does this mean exactly? 

Edit: When I checked the bios settings again it said that my BIOS had been damaged and that I needed to reflash. I restarted the computer again and it booted me in to windows just fine. Very strange. 

31 minutes ago, Matanuska said:

The memory controller on the cpu supports up to 3200mhz, so usually it's a useable frequency.

You can clear cmos and after that set the memory back to 3200mhz like you had it and hopefully you wont get that message again.

1 hour ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Hehe ok, so in summary it was completely unnecessary for me to purchase 3600MHz sticks for this particular build?

1 hour ago, Matanuska said:

Hehe ok, so in summary it was completely unnecessary for me to purchase 3600MHz sticks for this particular build?

Pretty much. But you can try higher speeds, results vary and OC is not guaranteed. 

Try the next frequency up. Maybe itll go 3466mhz! Wont know til you try.

50 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Pretty much. But you can try higher speeds, results vary and OC is not guaranteed. 

Try the next frequency up. Maybe itll go 3466mhz! Wont know til you try.

Thanks for your help. I'll mark this one as solved. Cheers!