Dell SCAMMED Me - $1500 PC Secret Shopper 2 Part 4

jakkuh_t

It's finally time again for PC Secret Shopper - where we document the entire experience of ordering a gaming system from your favourite PC system integrators. In this part, we finally benchmark all of the systems, share our final thoughts on each of them, and crown a winner.

Thanks to dbrand for sponsoring Secret Shopper 2! You missed the limited edition LTT x dbrand drop, so get rekt, but you can still checkout regular dbrand skins here: https://dbrand.com/

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale

I don't know if Puget ships to canadia, but if so, you guys should do a mini episode on them, or just include them in the next round.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

5 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

I don't know if Puget ships to canadia, but if so, you guys should do a mini episode on them, or just include them in the next round.

Unless their business practices have changed in the last couple of years...they don't ship to Canada as I posed such a question to them a couple of years ago. That said I live close enough to them here in Vancouver BC so if I wanted one when the border opens...I could go pick it up in person.

9 minutes ago, nbrowser said:

Unless their business practices have changed in the last couple of years...they don't ship to Canada as I posed such a question to them a couple of years ago. That said I live close enough to them here in Vancouver BC so if I wanted one when the border opens...I could go pick it up in person.

Then maybe sub contract steve from GN about it because he will tear it apart

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Dell doing the average customer dirty, why am I not surprised.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Next is: Sarah builds a PC :D and the previous time, the agent was a guest on the wan show. I wanna hear her opinion on that.

System Specs:

image.thumb.png.69a803f9b09f14f38c58a6060a3e7424.png

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

Personally, I think Linus didn't react strongly enough to Dell's shenanigans. I would've completely blown a gasket had I found out I had been scammed like that and, if I were a fancy, coollies Youtuber, I would've let it show; Dell needs to eat a bag of dicks for their behaviour. No, a dozen bags!

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

So let's say someone bought an hp omen a few weeks back and isn't thát tech sevy, how does one by pass those handicaps? 

Or checks if they are there to begin with? 

Re: Dell's warranty...

You say they nailed you for 300$ Canadian That's like, what? 1.57$ in real world money? (I kid, I kid, this isn't a one-off with Dell's consumer level gear either, I've seen it before)

Re: HP's performance issues. This doesn't surprise me, HP lost its way a long time ago, gaming was never their interest to begin with and flubbing it again (and again) is par for a company that has no idea what it wants to be anymore.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 hours ago, jakkuh_t said:

It's finally time again for PC Secret Shopper - where we document the entire experience of ordering a gaming system from your favourite PC system integrators. In this part, we finally benchmark all of the systems, share our final thoughts on each of them, and crown a winner.

~~SNIP~~ 

Here's my take on a few of them.

Hands down iBuyPower is the best, and I kinda expected that from episode 1 based on the ordering experience and specs.

Dell is hands down the worst and that was expected before we even watched the order process, they have a bad reputation, and deservedly so.

Cyberpower i still think is very much a company catering to knowledgeable PC users who just want to pay for the convenience, even though they could probably build a system themselves, hence they expect any customer to know the basics of what they want.

Yes, their customer service for the 'average dullard'(when it comes to PC tech) is poor, but i dont think thats their intended target customer base.

Origin , similar to Dell has a reputation, this time in regards to price. Its no surprise the specs and thus performance was so much worse, they are very much catering to the "i have 'fk you' money so just give me a PC" type of individual.

In the end ,... no surprises tbh. I'd like to think Dell will take notice ..but they're a very large Tech company..they wont give a fk.

Oh and Dbrand ...awesome sponsor lol.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Definitely share the frustration with Dell. I'm a system administrator for NASA and I had to create an account here just to say that Dell tries to pull the same stunts on me all the time. I frequently request quotes from them on desktop machines and servers to be used at NASA. I was actually in an email battle with one of the federal Dell reps as I was watching the vid. No matter how many times I ask them to remove pro support, they always seem to find a way to sneak it into the quotes (with a charge). Dell makes some great servers and I've never had problems there, but getting desktop and laptop systems from them has always been a major pain.

DELL, you suck. Holy crap.

Thank god Linus finally called them out on their BS.

Also, personal experience, even their pro support takes me through stupid robots I need to talk to (it usually takes me multiple tries and only works if I speak in a stupid accent, like WTF, just let me dial the support code, they are only numbers anyway) and transfers me at least 3 times before I get to a person.

So, yea, DELL, you suck. Fix yo damn support when we call you.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Rebuy the Dell system using the configurator, but change your budget to 1000 USD so the cost of the machine would be your actual budget after the non consensual warranty sale.

22 minutes ago, bigsadmin said:

Definitely share the frustration with Dell. I'm a system administrator for NASA and I had to create an account here just to say that Dell tries to pull the same stunts on me all the time. I frequently request quotes from them on desktop machines and servers to be used at NASA. I was actually in an email battle with one of the federal Dell reps as I was watching the vid. No matter how many times I ask them to remove pro support, they always seem to find a way to sneak it into the quotes (with a charge). Dell makes some great servers and I've never had problems there, but getting desktop and laptop systems from them has always been a major pain.

Vote with y'er money! I'm sure there are dozens of suppliers willing to ensure they keep getting a (sizeable) slice of NASA money coming their way supplying desktop machines w/o the cr@p Dell gives you. That's capitalism at its finest!

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

1 hour ago, WereCatf said:

Personally, I think Linus didn't react strongly enough to Dell's shenanigans. I would've completely blown a gasket had I found out I had been scammed like that and, if I were a fancy, coollies Youtuber, I would've let it show; Dell needs to eat a bag of dicks for their behaviour. No, a dozen bags!

I think Linus called them out as much as possible while staying mature and professional.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

@LinusTech Thank you for ripping Dell a new asshole. I used to work there (former EMC employee) and it was miserable under Dell. They tried to rehire me after they realized who they had laid off to resume my work that nobody else could figure out (despite guides, with pictures, and hand-hold instructions) by offering me a $40,000 pay CUT (IE: less money) than I was making at my current job. It was cathartic to hear you rip them a new asshole. Fuck Dell. Seriously. It's a miserable place to work, run by miserable people. Like Intel, the problem is management, not the rank-and-file (apart from said rank-and-file not having the spines to say 'no, fuck YOU' to their dumb management).

Not surprised at the experience with Dell at all. Have had my own horror stories with them.

Has Dell responded to this at all? Curious to see what they have to say.

I didn't get all the references Linus made about "power limitations" in the HP system. The 9700 is a locked, 65W CPU, and as far as I can tell it is performing as expected. I mean, that's how Intel got the 65W TDP rating despite the apparently high boost clocks advertised.

I may be mistaken, and maybe it is enough to use a Z board (perhaps that's why Origin did it for the 10400?), but otherwise there's nothing for HP to figure out, it's just a matter of using one of the K or KF SKUs.

Dell sucks believe me. I bought an xps using the student offer and they refused to credit the points I earned from it. I won't lie either, the xps13 has horrendous thermals too, runs at 60c on a teams call.

Michael Dell should be rolling in his grave at this point. How a person can put his name on a company with such a horrible reputation and still be walking on this planet with a smile on his face goes against everything. Worse, they can't even be bothered to do a better job. Reminds me of Mercedes Benz from the 90's when you dropped $200K on an S class only for it to "spontaneously combust" inside your garage.

Dell needs to go the way of Gateway and just die.

Need a extra episode for company followed up on the criticisms.

Shout out to the 3-4 people in the previous video who were defending dell in this obvious scam doing some absolutely insane mental gymnastics to justify how Linus' PC ended up $300 more than what you could buy it on the website for without the warranty. ("Oh it must be on sale now when it wasn't when Linus bought")  Hopefully Dell paid you for that shilling.