Mid-range "gaming" headphones?

motz

Hi!
I'm currently on my exploration through the worlds of "gaming" and non-"gaming" headphones/headsets.

So, I have this "problem":

I want mid-range, so maybe about 100 to maximum 120-30 bucks, headphones. Yes, head__phones__, not a headset. I don't need a microphone

or some built-in crap or something :D
I have a really good studio-microphone because I hate when a thing is sticking out in the front of my face :)

It should be wireless as well, because, right now, I have really good wired studioheadphones from sennheiser from like the year 2000 or something, and they are about to break :D

I just don't want to pay, if possible, for a microphone I won't use at all.

If something like that exists, please let me know :D

And oh, it should also have a pretty good latency because I'd use it for gaming and stuff, and my PC doesn't have bluetooth.

Samson sr850's if you want a reference sound and don't mind a cable. Wireless is a bit of an issue since well bluetooth no matter how you spin it has a delay and it's noticeable even with 5.0. I don't know of any latency free wireless headphones in your pricerange.

hmm, i mean, it doesnt have to be lightspeed or something, but something you could game with

39 minutes ago, motz said:

Hi!
I'm currently on my exploration through the worlds of "gaming" and non-"gaming" headphones/headsets.

So, I have this "problem":

I want mid-range, so maybe about 100 to maximum 120-30 bucks, headphones. Yes, head__phones__, not a headset. I don't need a microphone

or some built-in crap or something :D
I have a really good studio-microphone because I hate when a thing is sticking out in the front of my face :)

It should be wireless as well, because, right now, I have really good wired studioheadphones from sennheiser from like the year 2000 or something, and they are about to break :D

I just don't want to pay, if possible, for a microphone I won't use at all.

If something like that exists, please let me know :D

And oh, it should also have a pretty good latency because I'd use it for gaming and stuff, and my PC doesn't have bluetooth.

HyperX cloud 2 wireless. I don't know if they have come out but when they do, BUY THEM! Or get the HyperX cloud flight

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wired

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

Just now, Tigerleon said:

HyperX cloud 2 wireless. I don't know if they have come out but when they do, BUY THEM! Or get the HyperX cloud flight

okay, that sounds like a viable option, will look into it, thanks!