Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best headset for around $150?

What is the best wired headset for mainly gaming around $150. I can go above or below that budget if needed, and I also don't need a mic attached. Thanks :)

35 minutes ago, Prolicity said:

What is the best wired headset for mainly gaming around $150. I can go above or below that budget if needed, and I also don't need a mic attached. Thanks :)

The fidelio X2HR that would be great. Those headphones have a really big soundstage because of their open back design and big 50mm drivers. They also have memory foam ear pads which are really nice. They are easily drivable without an amp.

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-X2HR-Over-Ear-Open-Air-Headphone/dp/B01N5VHLUG/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=fidelio+x2&qid=1606926024&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyQjA2NTFaQVE3MUcyJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNTM1NjM3NjdBOTRXUkdNNzhDJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA5NjgxNjYxTVBNRjgwSFVOSDhaJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio or about your PC.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 9700k, GPU > RTX 2070 8gb, RAM > Corsair Vengance 2x8gb 3000mhz, Motherboard > Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi, Storage > 1TB HDD & 2pcs of 500gb M2 SSDs, Cooling > H100I Corsair Platinum, PSU > Corsair RM750X V2

🎧Current Audio Setup For Gaming/Music🎧

DT 990 pro 250ohm W/Straight cable and Dekoni Elite Velour Pads 

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

The T.bone SC400 XLR mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > Razer Chroma v2 Orange Switches

Mouse > Cooler Master MM711, had a G502 HERO but was too heavy for my liking.

Why spend thousands on peripherals and your PC and forget one of the most important things... Audio.

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

Just now, Ahoy Hoy said:

Great headphones for being closed back. He did not need a mic but that wont matter too much I guess.

But @Prolicity, if you want to try out open back if you are not in a noisy environment you really should invest in some open back headphones since they sound much better for music and especially gaming.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio or about your PC.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 9700k, GPU > RTX 2070 8gb, RAM > Corsair Vengance 2x8gb 3000mhz, Motherboard > Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi, Storage > 1TB HDD & 2pcs of 500gb M2 SSDs, Cooling > H100I Corsair Platinum, PSU > Corsair RM750X V2

🎧Current Audio Setup For Gaming/Music🎧

DT 990 pro 250ohm W/Straight cable and Dekoni Elite Velour Pads 

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

The T.bone SC400 XLR mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > Razer Chroma v2 Orange Switches

Mouse > Cooler Master MM711, had a G502 HERO but was too heavy for my liking.

Why spend thousands on peripherals and your PC and forget one of the most important things... Audio.

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)