installing windows on a CPU with no integrated graphics

Jqke
Go to solution Solved by Jqke,

I just built my pc but I My bios wont show up. Do I need a CPU with integrated graphics? Or is it possible to install windows 10 without integrated graphics? 

I just built my pc but I My bios wont show up. Do I need a CPU with integrated graphics? Or is it possible to install windows 10 without integrated graphics? 

If you don't have integrated graphics on your CPU, you will need a dedicated GPU. If you already have a GPU, did you make sure to plug your monitor into the display ports on the GPU itself, rather than the motherboard? The ports on the motherboard only work if your CPU has integrated graphics. If you don't have a GPU and can't afford one, you'll need to swap your CPU for one that has integrated graphics. Otherwise there's no way to get any display output to use the computer.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

So the video outputs on the motherboard only work if your processor has integrated graphics.

If your processor doesn't have integrated graphics, you have to plug a video card in a pci-e slot, and connect the monitor to that video card.

When you first start the computer, it may take a minute or two for the motherboard to start, after this initial slow start, it should work very fast.

If you keep resetting or turning off the computer because you're impatient, it will keep taking a long time.

You may also not get any image if the processor is not supported by the bios which is currently installed on the motherboard.  If the motherboard supports BIOS Flashback, you may be able to update the bios to the latest version without cpu installed in the socket. See the manual of your motherboard for that.

• 1 year later...

Hell guys, i have the same issue, when i try to open and instal windows 10 from USB port i only have 1 black screen.Nothing else.

I have an Intel Core i5 10400F but i have an old GPU Radeon 5530 2 gb gddr3.

The motherboard is a MSI H510M PRO-E.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/23/2022 at 12:05 AM, Victor Crintea said:

Hell guys, i have the same issue, when i try to open and instal windows 10 from USB port i only have 1 black screen.Nothing else.

I have an Intel Core i5 10400F but i have an old GPU Radeon 5530 2 gb gddr3.

The motherboard is a MSI H510M PRO-E.

Do you get your BIOS screen? I think the correct name is "Post" screen where it checks everything and then displays something like motherboard manufacturer's name. Do you get something like that?