Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone

I am currently using a Lenovo Preferred Pro keyboard at work, I absolutely love this keyboard but its quality is left to be desired. 

Could someone recommend a similar keyboard? Something that isn't obnoxiously loud and can handle a lot of typing. 

TIA

Core i5 6600K 4.7GHZ

16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4

CM Seidon 120V2

EVGA 650W G2 80+ Gold

MSI Krait Gaming Z170

1TB SSD (soon to be NVME m.2 SSD)

EVGA SC GTX1060

Qpad Pro Mech Gaming Keyboard

AOC 144hz Monitor

Logitech G900 

Hyper x Cloud II

Looks like an extremely generic rubber dome. Which part about it do you like? If you want a rubber dome board that isn't built as cheaply as possible, you're gonna be shelling out big bucks for a Topre board.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.2GHz @ 1.35V (courtesy of @XR6)Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 6x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: 512GB Samsung 850 Pro and 1TB WD Blue PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: H100i V2, be quiet! Pure Wings 2 (two intake, two exhausting through radiator) Monitor: 3x Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: It changes, but usually Focus FK-9000 Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and MEE M6 Pro

"If you don't measure things, it's not engineering; it's art." - Jack Ganssle

🏳️‍🌈

3 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Looks like an extremely generic rubber dome. Which part about it do you like? If you want a rubber dome board that isn't built as cheaply as possible, you're gonna be shelling out big bucks for a Topre board.

I like the spacing between the keys and the layout. I find I make very little errors when using this keyboard and my typing speed is consistent. The keys are nice and grippy your fingers don't slid off them when typing fast. 

It doesn't have to be a dome keyboard it can be mechanical but can't be obnoxiously loud. 

Core i5 6600K 4.7GHZ

CM Seidon 120V2

EVGA 650W G2 80+ Gold

MSI Krait Gaming Z170

EVGA SC GTX1060

AOC 144hz Monitor

Logitech G900 

Hyper x Cloud II

2 minutes ago, MrBaker89 said:

I like the spacing between the keys and the layout. I find I make very little errors when using this keyboard and my typing speed is consistent. The keys are nice and grippy your fingers don't slid off them when typing fast. 

It doesn't have to be a dome keyboard it can be mechanical but can't be obnoxiously loud. 

I'm not sure if I'm looking at the wrong keyboard or something but it's just an ansi rubber dome board. There is nothing special about the keycaps, layout, switches, etc. The grippy keys likely come from them being worn down.

What is your budget?

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.2GHz @ 1.35V (courtesy of @XR6)Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 6x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: 512GB Samsung 850 Pro and 1TB WD Blue PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: H100i V2, be quiet! Pure Wings 2 (two intake, two exhausting through radiator) Monitor: 3x Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: It changes, but usually Focus FK-9000 Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and MEE M6 Pro

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

I'm not sure if I'm looking at the wrong keyboard or something but it's just an ansi rubber dome board. There is nothing special about the keycaps, layout, switches, etc. The grippy keys likely come from them being worn down.

What is your budget?

Ideally no higher than £100

Core i5 6600K 4.7GHZ

CM Seidon 120V2

EVGA 650W G2 80+ Gold

MSI Krait Gaming Z170

EVGA SC GTX1060

AOC 144hz Monitor

Logitech G900 

Hyper x Cloud II

8 minutes ago, MrBaker89 said:

Ideally no higher than £100

I'm guessing you want a fullsize board with a numpad. Do you have a preference for switches? I'm assuming not clicky because you want something relatively quiet.

Maybe a GMMK so you can test a few types of switches and see what you like.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

21 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I'm guessing you want a fullsize board with a numpad. Do you have a preference for switches? I'm assuming not clicky because you want something relatively quiet.

Maybe a GMMK so you can test a few types of switches and see what you like.

Yes I would like a full-size with numpad. 

I don't have a preference for switches as long as they aren't loud.

I did have a Q-pad MK80 keyboard years ago but I cannot remember the switches it had... and I loved it. 

If the Lenovo didn't have wobbly keys that feel loose then I would stick with it but it's quality isn't very good. 

Core i5 6600K 4.7GHZ

CM Seidon 120V2

EVGA 650W G2 80+ Gold

MSI Krait Gaming Z170

EVGA SC GTX1060

AOC 144hz Monitor

Logitech G900 

Hyper x Cloud II

10 minutes ago, MrBaker89 said:

Yes I would like a full-size with numpad. 

I don't have a preference for switches as long as they aren't loud.

I did have a Q-pad MK80 keyboard years ago but I cannot remember the switches it had... and I loved it. 

If the Lenovo didn't have wobbly keys that feel loose then I would stick with it but it's quality isn't very good. 

That Q-pad seems to have had some kind of Cherry MX switch.

I'd suggest a GMMK with Gateron Yellows.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

21 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

That Q-pad seems to have had some kind of Cherry MX switch.

I'd suggest a GMMK with Gateron Yellows.

I have just had a look on GMMK website and cannot see Yellow switches available, the full size keyboard is also out of stock :( 

I looked up the spec of the yellow switches and they seem quite light in actuation. Gateron Green switches seemed the best recommended for alot of typing but then found out they are the loudest 🤣

Core i5 6600K 4.7GHZ

CM Seidon 120V2

EVGA 650W G2 80+ Gold

MSI Krait Gaming Z170

EVGA SC GTX1060

AOC 144hz Monitor

Logitech G900 

Hyper x Cloud II

5 minutes ago, MrBaker89 said:

I have just had a look on GMMK website and cannot see Yellow switches available, the full size keyboard is also out of stock :( 

I looked up the spec of the yellow switches and they seem quite light in actuation. Gateron Green switches seemed the best recommended for alot of typing but then found out they are the loudest 🤣

I suggested the GMMK for you to buy the barebones kit and add in your own switches and keycaps. You would order the switches from another source. Aliexpress if you are willing to wait, other stores if you need it soon.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

On 12/2/2020 at 2:53 PM, kelvinhall05 said:

I suggested the GMMK for you to buy the barebones kit and add in your own switches and keycaps. You would order the switches from another source. Aliexpress if you are willing to wait, other stores if you need it soon.

Thank you. 

Core i5 6600K 4.7GHZ

CM Seidon 120V2

EVGA 650W G2 80+ Gold

MSI Krait Gaming Z170

EVGA SC GTX1060

AOC 144hz Monitor

Logitech G900 

Hyper x Cloud II

I have the gateron yellow and they are quite light for my liking... but the smoothness is heavenly ...

Gateron black or kailh box black are linear and heavier so it might suit you well too. 

If you want even more quiet you might want to look at silenced switches that have rubber dampener inside to make them close to totally quiet.  For those I would suggest kailh box silent pink for linear or kailh box silent brown for tactile ... also coming from a rubber dome keyboard you might want to try some tactile at some point. 

I5 10600KF

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

XTRFY M42 Retro

GMMK tkl, akko lavender purple, dye sub PBT keycaps

1 hour ago, Dr0y said:

I have the gateron yellow and they are quite light for my liking... but the smoothness is heavenly ...

Gateron black or kailh box black are linear and heavier so it might suit you well too. 

If you want even more quiet you might want to look at silenced switches that have rubber dampener inside to make them close to totally quiet.  For those I would suggest kailh box silent pink for linear or kailh box silent brown for tactile ... also coming from a rubber dome keyboard you might want to try some tactile at some point. 

I don’t want anything too light as I’m quite a heavy typer. I’ve been looking at the Gateron brown switches? But can’t find a full size keyboard in the uk with them. 

My other thought was going modular? That way I can change to whatever switch I fancy. 

Core i5 6600K 4.7GHZ

CM Seidon 120V2

EVGA 650W G2 80+ Gold

MSI Krait Gaming Z170

EVGA SC GTX1060

AOC 144hz Monitor

Logitech G900 

Hyper x Cloud II

4 hours ago, MrBaker89 said:

I don’t want anything too light as I’m quite a heavy typer. I’ve been looking at the Gateron brown switches? But can’t find a full size keyboard in the uk with them. 

My other thought was going modular? That way I can change to whatever switch I fancy. 

As Kelvin suggested above, the Glorious GMMK comes with a full size option, UK ISO layout, hot swappable sockets so you can swap out the switches if you want.
OverclockersUK is the official UK proxy for Glorious products, and heres a link to the full size GMMK barebones: ▷ Glorious PC Gaming Race GMMK Full-Size Keyboa… | OcUK (overclockers.co.uk)
For the vendor to buy switches from, I suggest you checking out Mechboardsuk: Gateron Switches — Mechboards

Big boi caveiat: Im not a native English user, i can totally bottled up the meaning of the words
A kid with a dream
thank you :D 

7 minutes ago, ProBottler said:

As Kelvin suggested above, the Glorious GMMK comes with a full size option, UK ISO layout, hot swappable sockets so you can swap out the switches if you want.
OverclockersUK is the official UK proxy for Glorious products, and heres a link to the full size GMMK barebones: ▷ Glorious PC Gaming Race GMMK Full-Size Keyboa… | OcUK (overclockers.co.uk)
For the vendor to buy switches from, I suggest you checking out Mechboardsuk: Gateron Switches — Mechboards

Thanks! 

Brown switches are out of stock :( 

Core i5 6600K 4.7GHZ

CM Seidon 120V2

EVGA 650W G2 80+ Gold

MSI Krait Gaming Z170

EVGA SC GTX1060

AOC 144hz Monitor

Logitech G900 

Hyper x Cloud II

24 minutes ago, MrBaker89 said:

Thanks! 

Brown switches are out of stock :( 

Ouch!
I suggest the Kailh Pro Purple instead: Kailh Pro Switches — Mechboards

Big boi caveiat: Im not a native English user, i can totally bottled up the meaning of the words
A kid with a dream

3 hours ago, ProBottler said:

I suggest the Kailh Pro Purple instead: Kailh Pro Switches — Mechboards

How do they feel compared to kailh box burnt orange ?

I5 10600KF

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

XTRFY M42 Retro

GMMK tkl, akko lavender purple, dye sub PBT keycaps

6 hours ago, Dr0y said:

How do they feel compared to kailh box burnt orange ?

I havent tried them myself so I cant tell.

A kid with a dream

• 2 weeks later...

I have decided to order myself a switch test pad with a variety of switches for me to try. 

Core i5 6600K 4.7GHZ

CM Seidon 120V2

EVGA 650W G2 80+ Gold

MSI Krait Gaming Z170

EVGA SC GTX1060

AOC 144hz Monitor

Logitech G900 

Hyper x Cloud II