Need help on identifying whether a cable will be detected by the USB 2.0 Header

Good day, so i'm thinking of controlling my fans with the CM Small A-RGB Controller pictured below, i read that in order to control it via software, i need to connect the micro USB to the USB 2.0 header so i'm p[anning to buy this USB 2.0 header to micro USB cable

image.png.31715d8e7b3acd53e12bbde3920855c2.pngimage.png.3e096a6c533a8efc79c34d49551e95be.png 

And i see the mobo and read my B450 Aorus Pro motherboard manual that it has a 9 pin USB header instead of 5, will this still give signal to the controller?

image.png.60314b6e4b48d3ad4b4ef38401658a45.png

Any help is appreciated, thanks

4 minutes ago, poorlydrawntv said:

And i see the mobo and read my B450 Aorus Pro motherboard manual that it has a 9 pin USB header instead of 5, will this still give signal to the controller?

The picture you included is too small to see clearly, but it looks like the pinout is wrong. From what I can see, +5V is on the left, but there's 2x GND on the right -- that doesn't match the mobo-header.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

16 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

The picture you included is too small to see clearly, but it looks like the pinout is wrong. From what I can see, +5V is on the left, but there's 2x GND on the right -- that doesn't match the mobo-header.

motherboard:

NC GND DY+ DY- 5V

NC GND DY+ DY- 5V

the plug he showed

??? GND DY+ DY- 5V

it should work

but make sure u dont connect it upside down

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

motherboard:

NC GND DY+ DY- 5V

NC GND DY+ DY- 5V

Yeah, my mistake. I looked at it way too quickly and didn't engage the brain: I just saw the pin-number and went with that without realizing it was alternating between the top and bottom row, instead of per column.

Mea culpa.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

It should be ok

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

9 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

motherboard:

NC GND DY+ DY- 5V

NC GND DY+ DY- 5V

the plug he showed

??? GND DY+ DY- 5V

it should work

but make sure u dont connect it upside down

so it should work then? i didn't know i could connect it upside down, it should go only in one way right?

11 minutes ago, poorlydrawntv said:

so it should work then? i didn't know i could connect it upside down, it should go only in one way right?

I saw that it's only 5 pins instead of the standard block connector, so u might be able to flip it 180

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

13 minutes ago, poorlydrawntv said:

Nah it could go in both ways.

Make sure the red cable is on the right and you should be good.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

3 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

I saw that it's only 5 pins instead of the standard block connector, so u might be able to flip it 180

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

Nah it could go in both ways.

Make sure the red cable is on the right and you should be good.

Righty o then, thanks for y'all input, appreciate it