First ever gaming PC build, please help me to check any incompatibilities.

LukeDoky

Budget (including currency): 2000 CAD excluding monitor

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Complete list is here. https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/bJCw7X 

I feel like most parts should work together, but please help me to check if there is any incompatibilities.

PCPartPicker says the board might need to update bios first to support 5600x, how can I know for sure if I need to do that for my board? If I need to update, how can I do that? I don’t have a old CPU. I purchased the board with 5600x as a bundle on MemoryExpress. Can I ask them to help me to do that? Thanks.

EDIT: Saw a video showing how to flash bios with a USB drive. So I think I just need to do that. 

generally good build, made a few changes:

got you a better cooler for the same price. coolers come with their own thermal paste, no need to buy separately.

yes the bios can be flashed with a usb without the cpu installed.

got you a faster ssd for the same price and an exhaust fan for the case

7 hours ago, boggy77 said:

generally good build, made a few changes:

got you a better cooler for the same price. coolers come with their own thermal paste, no need to buy separately.

yes the bios can be flashed with a usb without the cpu installed.

got you a faster ssd for the same price and an exhaust fan for the case

Thank you, I will take a look at your suggestion for cooler and SSD.

The motherboard box should have a label that shows, among other things, the bios version. Check the motherboard web page, Support tab, Compatibility section for the bios penetrated to support your cpu.

Your motherboard has a flash BIOS button on the rear i/o panel. This allows you to update the bios without a cpu installed. See MSI support pages for details. There are also several videos on the web.

Noctua coolers come with a tube of very good thermal compound. There is no need to buy more.

The NH-U12S will do a decent cooling job but something beefier is needed to fully exploit the cpu. Something like the NH-D15 or Dark Rock Pro 4 would be excellent choices. They are more expensive. The Artic Freezer eXports DUO is another good, but expensive cooler.

Try and get an MSI gpu so that it's lighting can be synched with the motherboard.

I'd suggest getting an RMx psu. Slightly more expensive but better quality. https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/VgQG3C/corsair-rmx-2018-850w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020180-nahttps://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/79tQzy/corsair-rmx-2018-750w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020179-na

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

On 12/2/2020 at 1:11 PM, brob said:

The motherboard box should have a label that shows, among other things, the bios version. Check the motherboard web page, Support tab, Compatibility section for the bios penetrated to support your cpu.

Your motherboard has a flash BIOS button on the rear i/o panel. This allows you to update the bios without a cpu installed. See MSI support pages for details. There are also several videos on the web.

Noctua coolers come with a tube of very good thermal compound. There is no need to buy more.

The NH-U12S will do a decent cooling job but something beefier is needed to fully exploit the cpu. Something like the NH-D15 or Dark Rock Pro 4 would be excellent choices. They are more expensive. The Artic Freezer eXports DUO is another good, but expensive cooler.

Try and get an MSI gpu so that it's lighting can be synched with the motherboard.

I'd suggest getting an RMx psu. Slightly more expensive but better quality. https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/VgQG3C/corsair-rmx-2018-850w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020180-nahttps://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/79tQzy/corsair-rmx-2018-750w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020179-na

Thank you for you reply. I didn't know cooler come with thermal compound. I wanted to get the MSI Gaming X Trio, but couldn't get my hands on. As for psu, is it much difference between RMx and RM? 

1 hour ago, LukeDoky said:

Thank you for you reply. I didn't know cooler come with thermal compound. I wanted to get the MSI Gaming X Trio, but couldn't get my hands on. As for psu, is it much difference between RMx and RM? 

Yes, the RM used less expensive parts. It is a good psu but the RMx series is excellent.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.