Any suggestions what to update first and to what?

maxinette21
Go to solution Solved by Streetguru,
3 minutes ago, maxinette21 said:

If you had give or take 350 dollars for a new monitor, what would you chose? Or is that to much or to little?

And thank you for all your help, i really appreciate it ;)

Don't know what's available for you, but there's a german part picker link anyways, they might even use the same base panel

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/JgCFf7/asus-tuf-gaming-vg279qm-270-1920x1080-280-hz-monitor-vg279qm

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/XHH8TW/alienware-aw2720hf-270-1920x1080-240-hz-monitor-aw2720hf

Budget (including currency): 500 give or take or as little as possible for great setup

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  new to gaming so no idea, programming in linux, general photo editing, idk what else really

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): current build: msi B450M bazooka plus motherboard ; amd ryzen 5 2600X cpu ; corsair vengeance lpx 3000Mhz DDR4 2 x 8GB (16GB total) ram ; samsung 970 evo plus nvme m.2 v-nano 1TB ssd ; noctua NH-U9s 95mm u-type tower cooler ; Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC 4gb gpu ; corsair professional series hx 750w power supply ; fractal define mini c case

any idea what to update first for better gaming? Also looking for a good screen, mouse and keyboard (not taken in account in the initial budget)?

1 minute ago, maxinette21 said:

What kind of games?

Your CPU is fine

but if you only have a 1080p 60hz display, then I'd go for that first and a GPU later

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

6 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

What kind of games?

Your CPU is fine

but if you only have a 1080p 60hz display, then I'd go for that first and a GPU later

I dont really know any great games at the moment, use to play more on consoles, only starting out on pc so open to suggestions.

yes, definitely need to update my monitor, but am a little overwhelmed by the choices available. I would like the best bang for my buck, but not certain how much that should be and what... like i said a little overwhelmed

Just now, maxinette21 said:

I dont really know any great games at the moment, use to play more on consoles, only starting out on pc so open to

If you play like single player games, get a 4k 60hz VA or IPS free-sync display

if you play esports games get a 1080p 240 IPS display

Would only really go for a large jump, you can always use render scales + driver upscaling to make up the difference at 4k in the meantime.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

If you play like single player games, get a 4k 60hz VA or IPS free-sync display

if you play esports games get a 1080p 240 IPS display

Would only really go for a large jump, you can always use render scales + driver upscaling to make up the difference at 4k in the meantime.

If you had give or take 350 dollars for a new monitor, what would you chose? Or is that to much or to little?

3 minutes ago, maxinette21 said:

Don't know what's available for you, but there's a german part picker link anyways, they might even use the same base panel

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/JgCFf7/asus-tuf-gaming-vg279qm-270-1920x1080-280-hz-monitor-vg279qm

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/XHH8TW/alienware-aw2720hf-270-1920x1080-240-hz-monitor-aw2720hf

Spoiler