PLS HELP ME I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO PLZ HELP IM A NOOB AT PCs

Masterblue73

Hi I'm a 13yr old so I'm not very amazing at tech and I don't have much money to spend. Right now I have a Ryzen 5 3400g (Vega 11 Graphics) with a 1366x768p 60hz monitor. I am on a budget of 220$CAD and I wanted to upgrade my PC since in don't even have an actual graphics card. I wanted to get one also because my gameplay is not as smooth (fps) as I predicted. But then I realized that if I did get a graphics card and get an average of about 100fps that my pc would be bottle necked by the monitor. Even with my current setup I would average at about 50 to 60 fps on Fortnite with 3d resolution to 100% and all the other settings on low or off, but sometimes if I wanted a bit more smooth gameplay I would turn my 3d res lower. My fps counter would then say 80fps but the graphics where TERRIBLE. So I thought I should get a better monitor with my 220$CAD budget to get a 144hz monitor so it would actually be and feel like 80-90fps. But I realized that I don't want to play with really bad graphics. So I wanted to get a graphics card. BUT I WOULD BE STUCK AT 60 FPS. All this hovering made me sick, my brain hurt from thinking, especially because of my small budget. But I realized that if I get less good products I could get both, so better graphics and better fps but not a BIG improvement but would still be better. So I really don't know what to get. PLEASE HELP! 

How much ram do you have?

What is your power supply wattage?

Please answer these questions and I will get back to you.

I would recommend at least 8gb of ddr4 ram and a low end gpu like the 1050ti (which is 75w). Also you need to make sure your power supply can handle it.

I don’t think you need a new monitor though, I would recommend keeping your 60hz monitor and capping the FPS to 60 and adjust the graphics settings as you need to maintain your 60 FPS target

3 minutes ago, Masterblue73 said:

Hi I'm a 13yr old so I'm not very amazing at tech and I don't have much money to spend. Right now I have a Ryzen 5 3400g (Vega 11 Graphics) with a 1366x768p 60hz monitor. I am on a budget of 220$CAD and I wanted to upgrade my PC since in don't even have an actual graphics card. I wanted to get one also because my gameplay is not as smooth (fps) as I predicted. But then I realized that if I did get a graphics card and get an average of about 100fps that my pc would be bottle necked by the monitor. Even with my current setup I would average at about 50 to 60 fps on Fortnite with 3d resolution to 100% and all the other settings on low or off, but sometimes if I wanted a bit more smooth gameplay I would turn my 3d res lower. My fps counter would then say 80fps but the graphics where TERRIBLE. So I thought I should get a better monitor with my 220$CAD budget to get a 144hz monitor so it would actually be and feel like 80-90fps. But I realized that I don't want to play with really bad graphics. So I wanted to get a graphics card. BUT I WOULD BE STUCK AT 60 FPS. All this hovering made me sick, my brain hurt from thinking, especially because of my small budget. But I realized that if I get less good products I could get both, so better graphics and better fps but not a BIG improvement but would still be better. So I really don't know what to get. PLEASE HELP! 

woah so that's a lot chill lol. so for a monitor this is the best cheap 144hz monitor I could find: Asus VG245H And this will go a bit over your budget but this is about as cheap as it gets without getting scamed: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1650

Also I recommend getting these used for a better price.

For the monitor I don't think you need 144hz your better off with 100hz monitor but if this is only with the price that go for it!

Hm, if you can grab a $100-120 RX 580 or GTX 1060 and a cheap 144hz monitor that might fit in budget. I grabbed a Lenovo G25-10 for $120 on Black Friday, maybe you can find a similar deal. The 3400g should be *enough* for 144hz gameplay but it'll not be perfect and you'll have to nuke settings with a 570 to hit 144

9900kf @ 5.2 1.38v / Z390-E / 16gb G.Skill 16-19-19-39 3600 / 3060 Ti FE