Will freesync work over a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter on a GTX 1660 Super?

I'm currently contemplating on buying a Philips 241E1SCA monitor with freesync suppport. The problem is that my gtx 1660 super, from what i've read, only supports freesync over DisplayPort, but the monitor only has HDMI input.

Is it possible for me to use a displayport (GPU side) to hdmi (display side) adapter to work around this limitation? Or perhaps could I just enable it over HDMI? I would also prefer not to get any recommendations for different monitors since it is pretty much the best choice in my region given how dirt cheap it currently is (~90$ on sale)

Sorry for mediocre English

17 minutes ago, lilPotato69 said:

I'm currently contemplating on buying a Philips 241E1SCA monitor with freesync suppport. The problem is that my gtx 1660 =

I highly doubt it would work, since it's changing the signal type.

But it's not like it's a huge deal since you should easily be above 75hz/fps anyways.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

I highly doubt it would work, since it's changing the signal type.

But it's not like it's a huge deal since you should easily be above 75hz/fps anyways.

i know that my absolute beast of a 1660 super is currently pushing ~90fps in most titles but i'm not sure it will in cyberpunk 2077 since my system is not much stronger than the recommended (1080p 60fps not 75fps high/ultra) spec

11 minutes ago, lilPotato69 said:

i know that my absolute beast of a 1660 super is currently pushing ~90fps in most titles but i'm not sure it will in cyberpunk 2077 since my system is not much stronger than the recommended (1080p 60fps not 75fps high/ultra) spec

Just turn off like AA and shadows to get the biggest fps boost

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

it doesn't work like that because in the end you are outputting it to unsupported display connection

well, isn't the purpose of adaptive sync is to get rid of tearing when your fps in games is higher than the monitor's refresh rate?

AMD and NVIDIA have driver features to deal with running about your monitor's refresh rate.

Spoiler