A wireless keyboard that connects to a device via an USB dongle would work on my TV (Samsung 43RU7100)

Renan003
Go to solution Solved by Kilrah,

Anything should work, wireless keyboards usually act just like if they were wired, the device doesn't even know they're wireless.

Hello everyone. I don't know if its better to ask it here or on the peripherals section, but I figured that here would be better. Here's the deal: I own a Samsung 43RU7100 TV. I plan on watching some anime at Crunchyroll, but they don't have an app for smart TVs, meaning that I would need to use it in my TV browser. The issue is that typing anything on the remote is a pain (I was able to ignore this in other apps like Netflix and Amazon prime because there's a quicktyping-like feature on them, which is non-existant on the browser). So my solution is to use a keyboard. I had a bluetooth keyboard from Logitech lying around here, but I just found out that my TV does not support bluetooth keyboard, only wired ones. Since using a wired keyboard is a no go to me (the distance between the TV and my bed is too long), I was thinking of getting one of those cheap wireless keyboards that connects to the device via an USB dongle. But I don't want to buy something just to have it not to work, so I want to be at least somewhat sure that it would work. Does anyone that owns this TV knows if this would be feasible? Or someone who knows a little more on the matter at least would be able to tell me if for the device (TV, PC etc.) one of these wireless keyboards would be considered a wired device (so circumventing the "only works with wired keyboards" issue that my TV has). Thanks in advance!  

Yes, should work.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

58 minutes ago, PCoverclock said:

id recommend just go wired 

As I said in the post, it's impossible, unless I find a wired keyboard with a 2m long cable and accept the fact that there's going to be a huge cable going through my room, or stand up every time I decide to type anything 

33 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Yes, should work.

Do you think those cheap ones that are windows certified would work? 

Anything should work, wireless keyboards usually act just like if they were wired, the device doesn't even know they're wireless.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2