So what happened to Seasonic's 1600w power supply?

Go to solution Solved by Ankerson,
2 minutes ago, Kpp550 said:

and i am also finding a way via can provide my PSU as much cleaner or better electricity as possible.

And that would be it, it's the best most stable PSU you can buy today and has the cleanest power delivery.

Yes, it is smaller than the 1200W.

On 12/3/2020 at 1:09 AM, Ankerson said:

That wasn't the point really, yes they do degrade over time and I believe we know what the warranty periods are of the said PSUs.

The OP was asking about the supposed 1600W Seasonic that never happened.

Then the Titanium rating and Multi-Rail OCP.

The cost really isn't a factor here when looking at the high end units, especially the Titanium rated models as they are all expensive.

And I went into why Titanium rated could be important to some.

Performance and quality are really the issues and what's important here, cost is irrelevant for this topic anyway.

That's how we got into the AXI 1600 as an example.

It is the best of the best hands down, no contest, top of the heap of PSUs.

Now it would be nice of Corsair would make a 1200W vers with all of the same technology that's in the AXI 1600, but they don't, the 1600W is it and the only choice currently.

Another option would be the EVGA T2 1600W, very high quality also.

On 12/3/2020 at 12:57 AM, -rascal- said:

A PSUs internal components will degrade over time.

Doesn't matter if it's a $1000+ 80 PLUS Titanium PSU, or a $200 80 PLUS Gold.

You are better to buy a PSU that will suit the build you are assembling, and replace it every major system upgrade, etc.

@Juular@Ankerson

The Corsair RMx and HX / HXi both have a 10-year warranty.

Sooo...in a way, the PSU doesn't need to be replaced in that 10-year span 👀

On 12/3/2020 at 12:42 AM, wall03 said:

hope might not be enough

On 12/3/2020 at 12:23 AM, jonnyGURU said:

I wouldn't be too sure of that. The price went up when Trump slapped 25% tariffs on Chinese goods.  As long as that tariff stands, prices are going to stay high.  At least in the U.S., of course.

On 12/2/2020 at 9:05 PM, Juular said:

I were more talking about RM-x but okay, if you buy HX850i today for 225$ and an equivalent of it five years later (ignoring the fact that i still will be okay by this time so there will be no need to replace it) for say 250$ then you'll still have about 100-150$ left by the 2030 ... I mean, AX1600i is a great PSU, but you don't need a 560$ 1600W PSU if you don't need 1600W in the first place, and even if you do, 560$ IMO is way too expensive regardless of how great it is.

okay sorry for late reply. (past few days were very bad bcuz of covid situation here, so couldn't get online).
And no fighting Enough!

My future PC build's load is 923 watts (with 50 watts added from those calculators) yes i used
seasonic, coolermaster, evga, corsair psu wattage calculators.

and i am going with the formula, ''just buy the psu which can provide double the required wattage''.

and i want a psu which can work with temps in range of 38-43 deg Celsius (since that's literally the ambient/normal temps here, INDIA)

hm new replies has some imp info i didn't see on internet before.
thanks for input from you all.

I will provide my build details soon

1 hour ago, Kpp550 said:

i am going with the formula, ''just buy the psu which can provide double the required wattage''.

Why ?

There's a persistent complete PSU overkill myth in PC building.

6 hours ago, artuc said:

Why ?

There's a persistent complete PSU overkill myth in PC building.

i thought so too. i can go for 1200 watts too but i want to upgrade that pc in the next 5 years too. so that i could use ddr5 rams.
my first plan was not to go above 1200 watts but if i can then why not? (plus i believe corsair's 1600w is smaller in size than 1200w unless they upgraded it.)

and didn't expect linus torvaldo and me has kind of similar thinking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kua9cY8q_EI

(i had pretty bad experiences with my past psus yes one of them burned my ram and another one nearly burned by motherboard)

and i am also finding a way via can provide my PSU as much cleaner or better electricity as possible.

2 minutes ago, Kpp550 said:

And that would be it, it's the best most stable PSU you can buy today and has the cleanest power delivery.

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB DDR4 3200 GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27", Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W Titanium. 

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV DDR4 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.

Just now, Ankerson said:

Yosh! (= Alright!)