Upgrade from 1070 to 3060ti

Scratadoo

I have a decent HP omen prebuilt with a 1070. I'm thinking of upgrading it but nvidia recommends a 600w psu and I only have a 500w hp bronze efficiency PSU. I have an i7 8700, z370 mobo, 16gb corsair vengence rgb, intel optaine, 2 HDD's, and a disk drive. Linus saw my power supply in secret shopper and said it was alright. I have no idea if my 500w (470w on the 12v rails) psu would die if I bought it. My pc model is an HP OMEN 880-139. Thankyou for your help.

I think you should be able to get away with it. it would be very difficult to get a replacement psu because you never know what booby traps the manufacturer placed in the PC.

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

Somewhat unrelated question but December the 2nd is when exactly? I want to try and grab one before the bots do but im unsure what timezone they mean when they say december the 2nd

3 hours ago, JuliusLXIX said:

Somewhat unrelated question but December the 2nd is when exactly? I want to try and grab one before the bots do but im unsure what timezone they mean when they say december the 2nd

I admire your optimism. GL. You're going to need it. Myself I will be surprised if I manage to get a 3080 by summer. 

16 hours ago, NadeMagnet69 said:

I admire your optimism. GL. You're going to need it. Myself I will be surprised if I manage to get a 3080 by summer. 

Ja pretty much went just as we all expected