Should I upgrade my GTX 1060 to RTX 3070

Buki

I've been thinking about upgrading my GTX 1060 to the RTX 3070, Should I do it? If yes, Which PSU do you recommend?

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Dunno should you? What is your 1060 not doing for you anymore?

I'm having a hard time with my current graphics card I can barley enjoy playing games anymore. And I've been thinking about upgrading it for a long time now, I have the money for the RTX 3070, So I thought I'll go for it.

My PC Is pretty capable of using it, I just need to upgrade my PSU if I decide to buy it.

1 minute ago, Buki said:

I'm having a hard time with my current graphics card. And I've been thinking about upgrading it for a long time now, I have the money for the RTX 3070, So I thought I'll go for it.

My PC Is pretty capable of using it, I just need to upgrade my PSU if I decide to buy it.

What is it having a hard time with? Atm you will still have to wait a couple months at least before being able to get a 3070 and a bit longer to not pay a 40% premium due to the prices being stupid high

Just now, jaslion said:

What is it having a hard time with? Atm you will still have to wait a couple months at least before being able to get a 3070 and a bit longer to not pay a 40% premium due to the prices being stupid high

I can't run the games I wanna play, And I want to upgrade it in general. I don't mind either paying 40% more or waiting.

Just now, Buki said:

I can't run the games I wanna play, And I want to upgrade it in general. I don't mind either paying 40% more or waiting.

The only people that have cards are scalpers and you should never buy from those. The expected timeframe that any 3000 series cards will be available for regular purchasing is 2021 february.

A 1060 should still run any game at 1080p medium settings 60fps tho

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

The only people that have cards are scalpers and you should never buy from those. The expected timeframe that any 3000 series cards will be available for regular purchasing is 2021 february.

A 1060 should still run any game at 1080p medium settings 60fps tho

I see, Thanks for the help. Mind if I'll hit you up in private messages If I got anymore questions?

I'd skip the 3070 and get the 3060Ti. Nearly the same performance, supposed to be $100 cheaper. 

Work Rigs - 2015 15" MBP | 2019 15" MBP | 2021 16" M1 Max MBP | Lenovo ThinkPad T490 |

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X  |  MSI B550 Gaming Plus  |  64GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference RX 6800  |  WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe  |  Corsair RM750  |  Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  Dell S2721DGF  |

Fun Rig - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  32GB G.SKILL 3600 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference 6800XT  | Creative Sound Blaster Z  |  WD Black SN850 500GB NVMe  |  WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe  |  WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD  |  Corsair RM850x  |  Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  LG 27GP850  |