No motherboard USB Type E Header

Hello all!

I just switched from a Corsair Carbide 175r to a Corsair 4000d airflow. Huge improvement in general. However, there is a front header USB type C port on the case as well as a type A USB 3.1 port. 

My motherboard, Gigabyte Aorus Elite B550 AX, has an internal header for the USB 3.1 Gen 2 (which I connected to the front panel USB slot) as well as two USB 2 headers. It does not appear to have the header for a Type-C port, which confusingly looks to be called a Type-E header. 

What are my options for hooking that up? Any way to get it connected to the same 3.1 Gen 2 header as the Type A port? I believe that header is supposed to be good for two ports and is currently only connected to one, so I was hoping there was a way to split or adapt it to connect both. 

Failing that, can it be adapted to USB 2 at least? Or is there an add-on board that would provide the functionality without too much of a horrifying aesthetic hit?

Thank you!

52 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

What is a Type-E USB connector?

As noted in my post it's in internal only connecter for Type-C motherboard headers. 

3 hours ago, Slayerking92 said:

image.png.65e3e8a5ee10eeba3e99d6aed955832f.png

Interesting. That would work but I only have one USB 3 header which is currently connected to the type A port. So it looks like it's an either/or scenario for this motherboard unfortunately.