2 Boards, 1 only works with XMP. Why? RMA? Can be salvaged?

First off - I'd like to say - i'm leaning on getting a remedy more than rebuilding. it took me 4 hrs to shove everything in an SM580 with the NZXT Z63! it barely fits, Linus + Hammer makes it look easy.

System :

CPU Ryzen 9 5950x, 3600x(spare),

GPU : Poor-man's 3090 Ventus x3 OC, 

PSU : Corsair SF 750 

Offending Motherboard : ASUckS X570 I Gaming 

RMA Story

1st ASUS X570 I Gaming : Perfect but Flawed XMP Works here Works near perfection except RMA'd - x570 chipset getting too toasty 92 to 98c - ASUS forgot to put TIM in it. 

2nd ASUS X570 I Gaming : The Replacement XMP wont work here : wont post with anything faster than 3200mhz, or cl 18

RAM Kit Tested :
G. Skill Trident Z Neo : F4-3600C18D-32GTZN (Original Build,Verified working with Board 1)
G. Skill Trident Z Royale : F4-3200C16D-32GTRS (Because it looked so pretty)
Corsair Dominator RGB : CMT16GX4M2K3600C16 (Because its on Sale!)

Both Tested with 5950x and 3600x (Just to make sure it was not an IOD issue)
FCLK 1900mhz - JDEC Timing - 2133mhz - 15 15 15 24 or 28 1.2 volts - POST
Anything 3600Mhz - WONT POST, Amber light - Memory Issue
Anything 3200Mhz  fast timing CL16 or CL 18 20 20 20 38 - WONT POST - Amber light - Memory Issue
Fiddling with Load Line Calibration from default to Extreme - WONT POST - Red light(CPU) sometimes White Light(VGA)
Adding a 'weeeeee' bit of voltage to RAM 1.4,1.45- WONT POST - Red Light (CPU) 1.5 White Light

tested on Bios with AGESA 1.1.0 needed for 5950x (up to latest) same results.

Any of the Kits in the following setting 3200Mhz 18 -22 22 22 42 - POST - Green 

Hopes and Suggestions are welcome.

PS, Boost Tables on any BIOS will only ramp until 3.6ghz all core load so i get teh abysmall SC 614 MC 9514 in Cinebench R20. With PBO i get 631, 11600

Who was it that said buying Ryzen on lunch is like buying a supercar? except they forgot to give you the keys?

9 minutes ago, ZeroFGiven said:

Suggestions

Yeah, run your system at last stable speeds and be happy.

I see more problems with AMD and XMP on this forum, than anything else combined.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

17 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

have you tried increasing SOC voltage?

so since I forgot the result on that one I did a test again(twice)..
VDD SOC Value 1.1 - from a 'running setup' result to White LED (VGA)

VDD SOC Value 1.1 - from a freshly reset CMOS - Orange LED (RAM)

VDD SOC Value 1.1 + Extreme SOC Voltage whatever of ASUS - RED LED (CPU)

VDD SPC Value 1.15 + IOD VDG 1.05 + CCD 1 + Extreme CPU % SOC set to Extreme Voltage - White LED( VGA)

All failed

17 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Yeah, run your system at last stable speeds and be happy.

I see more problems with AMD and XMP on this forum, than anything else combined.

heh that's what I've been doing for like the last 2 months now - while checking for other suggestions, things I might have missed and at the same time looking at other board manufacturers. 

I'm not out for every ounce of performance - I'd go to this 12 FAAAAAAAAAANS , RGBBBBBBBBB ,, with tubes, EATX or whatever DARK HERO, MASTER or whatever. 

All I want is to get what I paid for -.-

was I fooled by the ads?  hopefully not - I did decide to the best of my knowledge what to buy and that made sense

do I have brand loyalty? obviously not. I do like the free games from MSI thou.

Was I fooled that they will give a good amount of support? oh ye.

Did Linus and his gang of miscreants coaxed me to buy RGB? hell no - but they sure gave a good review on a few stuff. 

G.Skill is horrible on support, haven't tried RMA, ASUS is good on the first RMA, horrible support - next to nothing really. and they treat you like a child on the next subsequent inquiries or am I talking to a 7 year old taught by his dad to copy paste stuff in response to customer support - ya know - Work From Home and stuff. 

"Did you plugin the power cable, did you press the on button at the back" for godsake man - I built the damn PC - it works .... somewhat.. 

8 minutes ago, ZeroFGiven said:

All I want is to get what I paid for -.-

I see that a great deal when it comes to XMP, and I see a great deal of threads where the user is finally forced to conclude XMP *doesn't* work as advertised, at least not on the hardware they bought, and get pissed they spent money for nothing.

For the record, XMP and performance, in gaming anyway, is practically a rounding error, when you are already in the 100+ FPS realm, 5 more FPS from XMP won't make a lick of difference.

Personally, my system is a workstation, I get work done on it, I'd much rather know it's up and running and stable 24/7 for the times I need it, than to shave off 0.0005% of my rendering time, and wonder is the system is gonna go tits up at any second.

Stability over performance, any day of the week.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

RAM Kit Tested :
G. Skill Trident Z Neo : F4-3200C18D-3600mhz (Original Build,Verified working with Board 1)
G. Skill Trident Z Royale : F4-3200C16D-3200mhz (Because it looked so pretty)

This information is incorrect and useless. 

F4-3200C18D-3600mhz is not a valid part number. 

Cas 18 on 3200mhz is horrible timing set.

3 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I see that a great deal when it comes to XMP, and I see a great deal of threads where the user is finally forced to conclude XMP *doesn't* work as advertised, at least not on the hardware they bought, and get pissed they spent money for nothing.

For the record, XMP and performance, in gaming anyway, is practically a rounding error, when you are already in the 100+ FPS realm, 5 more FPS from XMP won't make a lick of difference.

Personally, my system is a workstation, I get work done on it, I'd much rather know it's up and running and stable 24/7 for the times I need it, than to shave off 0.0005% of my rendering time, and wonder is the system is gonna go tits up at any second.

Stability over performance, any day of the week.

yes this is true and something I understood in the get go. but Linus and the guys also said at some point there is no point running anything below 3200mhz(Ryzen 3000 times) and now 5000 is here it be came 3600. 

Its a shame thou to see things dont work as 'advertised' when they release this QVL , slap a sticker "AMD Certified" and all this crap.  When Apple does it - they get a lawsuit for millions? why on earth these guys dont get any? must be the - if you use it as rated - that voids your warranty kinda crap?

I do agree that Stability trumps performance any time of the day - thou I have to disagree that it shaves of 0.00005% of time against work. Maybe true for your workload but for myself working on Market Research and all this statistics tools 200mhz means an hour for us from time to time. my old machine was a 7700k it the last study dropped in to that one took 14hrs to complete. this 5950x I would have to agree is a beast, finishing that same study (second run more data) in 4.2 hrs. the third run with twice the data and PBO enabled took it 3hrs. PBO - 'enabled' did give me I guess 800mhz? at the cost of burning down my house so I had to disable it.

2 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

This information is incorrect and useless. 

F4-3200C18D-3600mhz is not a valid part number. 

Cas 18 on 3200mhz is horrible timing set.

corrected and thanks for spotting it.

note to self - don't use your brain and recall stuff if you can just copy paste. 

G. Skill Trident Z Neo : F4-3600C18D-32GTZN (Original Build,Verified working with Board 1)
G. Skill Trident Z Royale : F4-3200C16D-32GTRS (Because it looked so pretty)