What to do if noone responds to a topic of yours?

Stygian Zenith
Go to solution Solved by WkdPaul,

As others have pointed out, thread title is important.

Also important, is to be patient, and not to create a thread like this one pointing out you haven't received any replies, it paints you as EXTREMELY impatient, and isn't allowed by the forum rules.

So please, do NOT repost a thread, or cross post like you just did, doing so can expose you to warnings and sanctions.

3 minutes ago, Stygian Zenith said:

The topic that didn't get any responses  

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1275772-help-please/

"HELP PLEASE" is a horribly useless title for a thread, it doesn't say anything on what the thread is about and that may be one reason why people don't respond. I, certainly, typically just ignore such threads completely.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Your post has been up for an hour, there may just be no one online currently that can offer you any advice. If you don't get a response for a day or two then make a bump post.

You also may get more responses if you make your thread title more relevant to what your asking for and make your post more detailed.

HELP PLEASE is my second fanourite title after HELP!
The thing is that your question is a bit specific.

If you wanna know if your things can fit in a case, at first check if your mother board fits (atx can fit on atx cases, itx can fit on itx and atx etc etc)
Then check the lenght and width of your Graphics card. After that you can ask again, but usualy those things are enough.
My suggestion is that you list sexact products, for example: i have itx motherboard, an asus tuf 1660ti (model name) and i wanna fit it on corsair 220T. Is it possible?
Then you have a better chance on recieving a help

To respond to your post:(this is just a checklist that may or may not be the cause of your problems)

1) make sure the title is relevant and will attract the user with the knowledge to solve the issue.

2) make sure it is posted under the relevant topic for the same reason as item #1.

3) make sure that your post is easy to understand and contains all the relevant data so that those with the expertise do not have to work hard and wait to weed out the important info from you. 

4) wait and hope that someone with the knowledge and expertise is available and willing to reply, many posts never get answered simply because the post was posted at the wrong time, or the people with knowledge were not available or could not find it.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

This is a perfect example post:

Well written, most pertaining info is there. Yet no responses.
Shit happens. If you dont get an answer in couple days, bump your topic or make a new one.

Realize as you, we are here of our free will. Helping ppl is done because there luckily are still people that want to help.

So we as helpers can choose the problem we want to tackle. Thus its advisable to make it as easy as possible for the reader/helper.

That means making a nice and readable post, put all specs in so we dont have to ask.

And the last thing we want to hear as a helper is "I've already tried that", thats just annoying.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

As others have pointed out, thread title is important.

Also important, is to be patient, and not to create a thread like this one pointing out you haven't received any replies, it paints you as EXTREMELY impatient, and isn't allowed by the forum rules.

So please, do NOT repost a thread, or cross post like you just did, doing so can expose you to warnings and sanctions.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

-> Moved to Off Topic

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Make a thread titled 'Welcome to Thread Killers Anonymous', and watch as it kills the entire forum with excessive activity.

Reference to a very very VERY long gone forum, on EZBoard, back when EZBoard existed. That one thread actually turned the entire server into a quivering mass of destroyed sand.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022