Changed ISP, Mbps gone way up, PC still disconnecting from games, network card issue?

I've switched from Sky to Virgin internet today, the Mbps on Ookla on my desktop has gone from aorund 5-15 Mbps to 50-100 Mbps. As I was playing League I had great ping in the 30s or so, however I suddenly had spikes where I'd disconnect from the game. When that happened it wouldn't reconnect manually, I had to turn off wifi and reconnect to my router. Does this seem like an issue with my network card? 
I don't have ethernet as an option.
Edit - My network card is a TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200

Maybe invest in a WIFI extender? Your ping is spiking up either comes from your ISP, range of router and computer, and obstacles such as walls. Did you have any problems from the old ISP? If not, try getting an aftermarket router.

Just now, Rooked said:

Maybe invest in a WIFI extender? Your ping is spiking up either comes from your ISP, range of router and computer, and obstacles such as walls. Did you have any problems from the old ISP? If not, try getting an aftermarket router.

I don't really know much about them, what you advise looking for in one? We're planning on getting the floors torn up soon and with that the router will be moved closer to my pc so that might cover the extender issue?
My pc is next to a wall and between it and the router is a room and a half with a wall between, but there's not really a whole lot I can do about that. Once the router is moved it'll be a good couple meters closer. 
The last ISP was awful on all fronts. 

2 minutes ago, Gazeley said:

I don't really know much about them, what you advise looking for in one? We're planning on getting the floors torn up soon and with that the router will be moved closer to my pc so that might cover the extender issue?
My pc is next to a wall and between it and the router is a room and a half with a wall between, but there's not really a whole lot I can do about that. Once the router is moved it'll be a good couple meters closer. 

That might work. I'd suggest getting a router that has been reviewed and are from trusted brands like ASUS, TP-Link, Netgear and others. Have you tried asking your ISP what's causing the issue and if they can help you?

1 minute ago, Rooked said:

That might work. I'd suggest getting a router that has been reviewed and are from trusted brands like ASUS, TP-Link, Netgear and others. Have you tried asking your ISP what's causing the issue and if they can help you?

We actually only received it today so for all I know it might just be a teething issue if those exist in the router world. 

Just now, Gazeley said:

We actually only received it today so for all I know it might just be a teething issue if those exist in the router world. 

Yeah then maybe try and wait for a couple of days, see if it persists or not.

Using wifi, it can be as simple as someone using a microwave to heat up their noodles to drop you out of the game.
Wifi should be the not an option in any case gaming related. :)

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

On 12/1/2020 at 7:43 AM, Rooked said:

Yeah then maybe try and wait for a couple of days, see if it persists or not.

Hi,My Recomendations and Experience With Networking 

A-My past experiences with multiple Wifi range Extenders/Boosters:

1-Wifi Extenders Do not Work,they are design for what they say they do but at the cost of speed and latency.

2-they are sometimes big but does not mean they can handle the capacity,the small ones you will regret them.

B-Troubleshooting steps:

1-Check your enviorement for channels and signal bands to see if they are not conflicting with each other (wich can cause problems adnd hurt your wifi performance) and

How to Do this? if you have a android phone i use wifi analyzer wich shows you all of the devices in the area  and bands you are

if its crowded the app should look like the pic i attached  if you see your SSDI (Name Of your Wifi) With a bunch of other stuff like other routers try and move them on your isp router admin console because they actually are set to auto and sometimes it can be set to join the most crowded band wich can cause interference.

BTW:Mine looks like that because i live in apartments and its usually pretty crowded bands with routers and idk if you live in a apartment complex but this can happen.

2-Check the routers config because sometimes they are not up to date and can be bad but usually mines have stayed up to date just fine.

3-also and most important one at the time of you playing are there any other devices like,laptops,tvs,smartboxes,speakers,etc being in use specially other computers in video calls or doing heavy network work why i ask? because someting that happens a lot is that isp routers are not designed to handle many clients especially doing network compsumption tasks like playing games,video calls,content streaming at the same time and can make your performance not work 

also including something in part 3 check in your wifi settings on the isp router that you are not limited to certain bandwith so lets say you have 200 megabytes your isp is offering but your router from the isp can be set to use 100 megabytes and you need 70 for games and lets say another person on another devices needs 50 for a videocall it will hurt your performance,disconnect you etc. because it does not have the bandwith necessary to handle its demand and its going to opt for disconnecting  for it not overloading,heating and potentialy damaging your isp router.

finally if you do not know what to do if the problem persist and do not want to mess with your isp router my suggestion is do a speedtest on using a lan port of the router and not connect to it via wifi and if you get good results my suggestion is that you place your own in there and connect just from your router lan port and on to the your router wan port  and configure it yourself following the bandwith checking to see and have better connection and better performance and just not use your main isp router wifi or you can load balance it and connect not many important devices on the isp router and important stuff on your router so it gets the performance you need for your gaming and some family member video calls.

hope it helps,hope you are staying safe in difficult times,and if you need anything else or have questions about this and need better explanation i would gladly help as long as i can.

Capture+_2020-12-01-09-07-10.png

ALSO THIS SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING WITH YOUR BANDS.

WIFI extenders in my experience are indeed not the way to go, they lower speeds in order to boost the WFI range. I don't know if you have wifi range issues anywhere else on your property, if so, you might want to look into mesh networking gear but that is fairly expensive. A powerline adapter is cheaper and is worth considering over a WIFI extender if the powerlines in your house fit that scenario. As suggested before, changing the to a better router is a good first step especially since youre not crazy far from the router from what it seems. If problems persist after that you'll have to look into options I've mentioned above.

I5-8600K - GTX 1080 - 16GB RAM - 1.5TB SSD

I want everything pink

19 hours ago, Gazeley said:

You're planning on tearing up flooring? Depending on how the house is built and how far your getting into that you could run some Ethernet cable while your doing that, also have you wired into your router to see if it's the isp?