I sometimes get massive internal lag, like if computer is freezing. PC is 3 months old (Ryzen 7 3700X - RTX 3080)

PaddyFR

Hi guys !

So in the last 10 days, on 2 occasion a very weird behaviour has suddenly appeared onto my PC. It starts lagging like crazy, it's like if there was a massive latency. When I click on something, the click happens a few seconds later. Everything is lagging.

I checked in taskmanager and noticed that "system interrupts" is taking lots of CPU load, and then downloaded latencymon to see what is causing this, here are the results with the detailed log

https://imgur.com/a/uddydHP

TFuSC5K.png

I don't really know where to look. PC is 3 months old, has happened only twice, in the last 10 days. The only way to solve it was to reboot system. I usually leave the PC on for longs period of time. BIOS is up to date. Any help is appreciated.

PC Specs :

MB : MSI X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI
CPU : Amd Ryzen 7 3700X - (OC Enhanced Mode 3)
CPU Cooler : Noctua NH-D15
GPU : EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
PSU : Seasonic Focus 850W Platinum
RAM : 16Gox2 3200Mhz

SSD : Sabrent Rocket Q NVMe 2To

latencymon report.txt

One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.

The report has some suggestions you can do. Update your drivers, use ryzen power plan, disable cpu throttling, bios updates.

• 2 months later...

I had the exact same problem today after 3 months of nothing happening. I haven't changed anything to my setup. This seems to be super random.