Front panel water cooling for 5900x/5950x and rtx 3080, what size do i pick?

rickje139

I am planning on upgrading to a RTX 3080 Suprim X and an overclocked 5900x or 5950x (4.6/4.7ghz), but i am a littlebit stuck on what size watercooling i should pick.

I have a Phanteks P400A case and it the front panel supports up to a 360MM radiator, the top and rear only support a 140MM radiator max.

My first plan was to get a 240MM radiator so that cold air comes in through the bottom 120MM fan and goes straight to the GPU,

but i heard that AMD recommends a 280MM radiator for the best experience.

If i pick a 360MM radiator, i think hot air only would come inside of the system and heat everything up including the GPU.

Which size radiator should i pick for the front panel and which cpu should i use in my system,

the 5900x or the 5950x for the lowest temps and best experience for overclocking?

4 minutes ago, rickje139 said:

If i pick a 360MM radiator, i think hot air only would come inside of the system and heat everything up including the GPU.

This is negligible and you still have a cooling effect, don't worry about it. You're better off getting a 360mm for your front and probably any other radiators you can stuff inside your case while you're at it (if you want to do more water cooling in the future).

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

This is negligible and you still have a cooling effect, don't worry about it. You're better off getting a 360mm for your front and probably any other radiators you can stuff inside your case while you're at it (if you want to do more water cooling in the future).

What else could i use radiators for?

15 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

GPU in the future if you want to dive in to that.

Which CPU should i get for the highest possible clock speeds while keeping a good temperature for my cpu?

The 5900x or the 5950x?

What would the temps be at with a 360MM radiator at 4.6ghz or higher?

How will the heat affect the GPU temps of the rtx 3080 Suprim X?

8 hours ago, rickje139 said:

Which CPU should i get for the highest possible clock speeds while keeping a good temperature for my cpu?

The 5900x or the 5950x?

What would the temps be at with a 360MM radiator at 4.6ghz or higher?

How will the heat affect the GPU temps of the rtx 3080 Suprim X?

-Get whatever CPU fits your needs, they're both using the same silicon and architecture. So if you only need 12 cores get that. If you need the extra 4 cores, get the 5950x.

-We have no way of telling you what temperature it'll run at, there's too many variables.

-It should have very little effect, you're still cooling the card.