Blue screen every time I install the drivers for a GTX1050

guplem

I can not get the graphics card NVIDIA GTX 1050 to work on my Lenovo Legion Y520.

Recently, I formatted the PC because I thought some issues with windows were preventing the graphics card to work properly. However, it did not solve anything and despite that the graphics card shows up in the Device Manager, it does not show up anywhere else.

image.png.e80d0eca850fa9a3670a17fcd0921ef6.png

In the Device Manager I can see the error 43 appearing but after searching a bit I could not find any solution that worked for me. However, if I disable and re-enable the graphics card every time I restart the computer, the error goes away until the next startup.

image.png.57eafe472a2ae84aa8ead7d172e060fe.pngimage.png.2af8fa6150b41e9fd404915de7c90224.png

I tried uninstalling absolutely everything related to NVIDIA and then doing a clean installation of the drivers but every single time the drivers from the graphics card are being installed (using the Nvidia installer, the GeForce Experience or even the Device Manager "update Drivers" function), a blue screen appears (error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA).

image.png.9a6d0c40e1f31f453b0cd1261df54f5d.png

I saw that the file that the blue screen said that failed (nlddmkm.sys) should be in the C/NVIDIA folder but it is not, so I do not know to which file it is referring to.

Does anybody have any clue about how could I fix it? Is it possible that the graphics card is physically broken or is it most likely to be a software issue?

Here you have a drive folder with some labelled pictures showing what I am talking about (card only being detected by the Device Manager, the Blue Screen, ...) and things that I checked (like the System Configuration, the BIOS, ...): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Sk8XysABWWCngKrB3Gz7Em8F8qo7tDV3?usp=sharing

Thanks for your help in advance!

that's a gpu hardware failure most likely. 

you can try these things :

https://www.google.com/amp/s/windowsreport.com/windows-10-error-code-43-video-card/%3famp

But if it's a hw fault none of this will help obviously, still worth a try I guess.

if the card has still warranty I'd contact seller / manufacturer instead tho. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

• 2 months later...

Hello mate. We have same laptop with same issue. Im about to cry. Nothing is working. I tried same fix types but nothing worked for me either. I think our GPU is dead. If you found any solution please let me know.