Community Idea for a Acrylic Case.

BotDamian

Hello,

am I lucky having a friend with a big company that has huge CNC machines to cut up to 4m x 4m acrylic plates.

I was thinking about creating a case, meaning, he can cut all the plates for free (just for me tho) but when talking to him he also said that he wouldn't mind creating more of it for others (but not for free). But for now, lets say we are in the creation/testing phase.

I was thinking about making some sort of a modular case that could also be used as a 19" rack mount because I have also a fun Ikea Lack table :D

I do not expect anything from you guys, just share your idea what could be nice and I will also share all files for this case for free so people with "friends who have CNC machines" can make this case too.

Might sound stupid to some people, but I'm serious. Also, which software would you guys recommend? Blender, Fusion360?

Intel NUC 13 | i3 1315U2x 8GB 3600/CL16

AMD 7950x3d | Sapphire 7800XT Nitro | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance 5600Mhz CL36 1R | MSI B650-P Pro Wifi | Custom Loop

AUNE X8 Magic DAC + SS3602

AUNE X7s PRO Class-A | Sennheiser HD58X

Schiit Rekkr ELAC BS243.3

45 minutes ago, BotDamian said:

Hello,

am I lucky having a friend with a big company that has huge CNC machines to cut up to 4m x 4m acrylic plates.

I was thinking about creating a case, meaning, he can cut all the plates for free (just for me tho) but when talking to him he also said that he wouldn't mind creating more of it for others (but not for free). But for now, lets say we are in the creation/testing phase.

I was thinking about making some sort of a modular case that could also be used as a 19" rack mount because I have also a fun Ikea Lack table :D

I do not expect anything from you guys, just share your idea what could be nice and I will also share all files for this case for free so people with "friends who have CNC machines" can make this case too.

Might sound stupid to some people, but I'm serious. Also, which software would you guys recommend? Blender, Fusion360?

An acrylic case already exists it is used in the all ali express gaming pc

Some guy interested in tech

40 minutes ago, Ataxion said:

An acrylic case already exists it is used in the all ali express gaming pc

But I wanted one that could use 3x 180mm fans and be 19" rack compatible. I'm not strictly talking about some acrylic box, but an actual case with cable management, mobo tray and so on.

Intel NUC 13 | i3 1315U2x 8GB 3600/CL16

AMD 7950x3d | Sapphire 7800XT Nitro | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance 5600Mhz CL36 1R | MSI B650-P Pro Wifi | Custom Loop

AUNE X8 Magic DAC + SS3602

AUNE X7s PRO Class-A | Sennheiser HD58X

Schiit Rekkr ELAC BS243.3

Acrylic cases have been done before, and then they died out.  (Early 00's they were popular.)

There were a lot of downsides to them, not the least of which was fragility.

If you want one?  Go for it, but I wouldn't expect it to be a money-making idea.

ya heres my watercooled xbox 360 in an Acrylic sunbeam case that was some what morderin for its time. uses 1 120mm in the front and back and an 80mm on top amd 2 120mm on the side  but it was the best i could fined at the time.

DSCF1271.JPG

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links