ram not running at the speeds it should

Grungble

I have two sticks of ddr4 3200mhz gskill ripsaw ram paired with a msi b450-a pro max motherboard and a ryzen 3 3200g I want my ram to run at 3200mhz but it keeps on running at 2133, in the bios I set it to run at 3200mhz but it's still running at 2133 I don't know what to do at this point.

I'm new to Photography but enjoy it. I also run a Pentax *ist-DL mainly with a 18-55mm lens. I also have a 50-200 mm Pentax lens, and a Pentax 50 lens that is all it says.

In the bios enable DOCP or XMP whichever it is and then make sure to save and exit the bios, if you don't specifically save it, it will not set to 3200mhz.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

i'll try

I'm new to Photography but enjoy it. I also run a Pentax *ist-DL mainly with a 18-55mm lens. I also have a 50-200 mm Pentax lens, and a Pentax 50 lens that is all it says.

it didn't work, I think I'm changing how fast the ram can go not how fast it's base clock is, I'm on msi's bios software and i've updated it to the latest bios update idk

45 minutes ago, Grungble said:

it didn't work, I think I'm changing how fast the ram can go not how fast it's base clock is, I'm on msi's bios software and i've updated it to the latest bios update idk

There should be a setting in AI Tweaker or in overclock settings area called DOCP or XMP it should have a drop down box with selectable profiles. All you do is select one of the profiles listed, usually profile 1 then save and exit the bios. If you are manually setting the speed you may be accidentally using the manual memory OC and in that case would have to set other settings as well such as voltages etc. I would recommend watching a video on YouTube or looking up how to set the DOCP profile on your particular motherboard if the worded explanation doesn't make sense.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

I'll look, but the only a-xmp profiles I have I'm using that for it, but i'll probably look it up and watch a youtube video.

15 hours ago, Grungble said:

How do you check the RAM speed ??

also, I moved your thread to the Troubleshooting section.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

to check ram speeds open task manager then click on performance at the top then go to memory and you should be able to see speed then it will give you the speed, and thanks for moving me to the trouble shooting section

• 1 month later...

I am having a similiar issue. I recently bought 2x 16G DDR4 2666mhz vengence LPX ram sticks to upgrade my old aurora R6. In bios I cannot acces anything in my perfomance tab and my memory is only runnung at 2133mhz. I have the base I5 7400 from intel (not overclockable). From the specs, here below, I should be able to run these speeds. What should I do?

I am just starting as a computer enthusiast and english is not my first language so sorry if I am not clear. 

Thank you in advance for all the help!

Erik

alienware-aurora-r6-desktop_specifications_en-us.pdf

On 12/2/2020 at 2:47 AM, Grungble said:

to check ram speeds open task manager then click on performance at the top then go to memory and you should be able to see speed then it will give you the speed, and thanks for moving me to the trouble shooting section

I had the same Problem a few days ago. Try to use CPU-Z for the frequency checks, its a great tool. Also, try to set the Voltage manually, put it at around 1.35 upwards to 1.4 but dont go higher than that.