Just joined F@H, any tips?

Hi everyone, I've just joined F@H, YES I'm in the team bois.

Specs:

9600KF 5.1Ghz
RTX 2080 @2000mhz

Does undervolting and such help or what are your tips for making it worth more. It should also make sense in terms of "used power / work done".

fah.png

Intel NUC 13 | i3 1315U2x 8GB 3600/CL16

AMD 7950x3d | Sapphire 7800XT Nitro | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance 5600Mhz CL36 1R | MSI B650-P Pro Wifi | Custom Loop

AUNE X8 Magic DAC + SS3602

AUNE X7s PRO Class-A | Sennheiser HD58X

Schiit Rekkr ELAC BS243.3

The biggest, easiest thing you can do to to make your long-term folding experience better is to limit the power draw of your 2080 when folding to significantly increase performance-per-watt and decrease the amount of heat your card makes (and thus noise and fan longevity), while only marginally decreasing total folding performance.

The most recent thread I'm aware of is over here:

But for a casual user, all you really have to do is download your favorite GPU overclocking tool (MSI Afterburner is the most commonly recommended), lower the power limit percentage, and hit "apply".

The "sweet spot" for where you get the most performance with the least power varies from card to card, you can monitor it by just watching what average clock speed your card hovers around when lowering the power. My experience with the 2000 series cards is that it's usually around 80-85%. It's not uncommon to be able to be able to run the card with 15-20% less power, and lose 5% or less of your overall performance.

This also won't affect system stability like overclocking sometimes can.

Another pretty easy one is to install the dark skin/PPD database extension:

It's compatible with Chrome or the newest version of Edge, and will give you some insight into how your card is performing to other, similar models (while looking pretty nice in the process!)

I've installed the Dark Skin and it says that my GPU is 8% of avg, is it good bad?

Is it like top 8%?

Can I contribute to the extension, like is there a github repo for it?

fah2.png

Intel NUC 13 | i3 1315U2x 8GB 3600/CL16

AMD 7950x3d | Sapphire 7800XT Nitro | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance 5600Mhz CL36 1R | MSI B650-P Pro Wifi | Custom Loop

AUNE X8 Magic DAC + SS3602

AUNE X7s PRO Class-A | Sennheiser HD58X

Schiit Rekkr ELAC BS243.3

14 hours ago, BotDamian said:

I've installed the Dark Skin and it says that my GPU is 8% of avg, is it good bad?

Is it like top 8%?

Can I contribute to the extension, like is there a github repo for it?

That 8% means that your GPU is performing 8% above average, this is pretty good. As long as you have the page open, it automatically contributes statistics to the Lar_systems database.

Current Build