Please Bring back Auto Captions on your videos

PrateekPanwar64
Go to solution Solved by akio123008,
2 minutes ago, .Apex. said:

It seems to be disabled on LTT's videos, you don't have the option to turn it on

You might be too early. It can take a while before it's processed.

Edit: oh it also doesn't seem to be there on older videos. 

For non English speakers which holds a good part of your audience. Please bring back auto caption and auto translate with it

10 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

You know that can be turned on with two clicks, right?

It seems to be disabled on LTT's videos, you don't have the option to turn it on

Edit: Actually from the last 10 videos it's only disabled on the latest "Apple M1" video and the "Ultimate RGB Tech Support Challenge" so I would guess that it's a mistake

2nd Edit: only the manual subtitles are available, none of their recent videos have the auto generated ones, so it isn't a mistake

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

2 minutes ago, .Apex. said:

Edit: oh it also doesn't seem to be there on older videos. 

Just now, akio123008 said:

That might be the case, I'm not sure how long it's supposed to take, but it has been 19 hours for the M1 video so I doubt it'd take that long

1 minute ago, .Apex. said:

That might be the case, I'm not sure how long it's supposed to take, but it has been 19 hours for the M1 video so I doubt it'd take that long

I've seen it take 24 hours in some cases, but there's some older LTT videos too that have it disabled so I'm not sure that's the problem. 

1 minute ago, akio123008 said:

I've seen it take 24 hours in some cases, but there's some older LTT videos too that have it disabled so I'm not sure that's the problem. 

Ah yeah the manual subtitles are available for the older videos but not the auto generated ones, my guess would be is that they don't want it to misinterpret words and bury the video for that reason

works for me your youtube appears to be broken, may contact your ISP or GOOGLE about it. 

20201130_173618.thumb.jpg.fe0770dc4b0424e6bce02844e1ffd489.jpg

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

18 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

*snip*

Same here, tried the last 2 videos and it's working and available ...

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.6f46b71cbda02244504bc9c6afa37197.png

image.thumb.png.db4fee591236df75935c9eccc68d7716.png

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

30 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Same here

tbf, I don't have "auto translate" on my phone, only the exact same languages as on your screens... so maybe it *is* just buggy after all, I've never really noticed that auto translate option either, I thought it's all automated now, though I guess uploaders can still choose to have self made captions, I actually don't know? 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I don't know how LTT handles captions because I don't need them for LTT videos, but I do feel like they should be creating manual captions for all their videos for accessibility reasons in spite of the time required to create them. In fact it is technically the law in the UK for television channels to provide captions, though this isn't always observed. The BBC and many other news channels even do LIVE captions, which are a bit delayed as you'd expect but functional enough.

LTT is probably one of the largest channels (in terms of employee count) and I feel like they have a responsibility to provide captions on their videos if they don't already. Both for non-native speakers and, of course, the hearing-impaired.

3 minutes ago, pipnina said:

I don't know how LTT handles captions because I don't need them for LTT videos, but I do feel like they should be creating manual captions for all their videos for accessibility reasons in spite of the time required to create them. In fact it is technically the law in the UK for television channels to provide captions, though this isn't always observed. The BBC and many other news channels even do LIVE captions, which are a bit delayed as you'd expect but functional enough.

LTT is probably one of the largest channels (in terms of employee count) and I feel like they have a responsibility to provide captions on their videos if they don't already. Both for non-native speakers and, of course, the hearing-impaired.

They do, check the screenshots I took.

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/30/2020 at 7:08 PM, aisle9 said:

You know that can be turned on with two clicks, right?

A month ago, That function disappeared with his most of old videos and new ones. Now it came back, Probably bug

33 minutes ago, PrateekPanwar64 said:

A month ago, That function disappeared with his most of old videos and new ones. Now it came back, Probably bug

Youtube changes stuff all the time, complaining to the channels won't really help. YT is the one responsible and should be the one people complain to when changes like this happen (around that time, YT made changes on the CC function).

Like some have pointed out, it was working fine on our end.