Help me find lost racing game

Ya_Mi

Back in the day when i only have potato computer, i have played this racing game. And somehow i missed it a lot, because its notoriously difficult.

The thing is, i forgot the title (T^T) so i'll do my best to describe it incase anyone have played it too.

It is a 3D Game, probably made in the early 2000 by small developer.

In the game, you can only upgrade your car by winning the race. The race is just a duel between you and the AI, to start the race, you and the AI have to bet car parts, and if you win, you'll get a new part from the AI.

What i can remember about the gameplay is that, your car is parking somewhere and the enemies approach you to challenge you and the race always happen at night.

I have done by best to find it including scrolling through wikipedia but, i still unable to find it.

So please, if anyone have played it before, let me know.

Behold the power of Chuck Norris the forbidden one.

Is it a proper racing game or a game just for drag racing?

I hope you aren't dissapointed when you find it. I remember playing NFS Porsche when I was a child. Really good graphics and phenomenal gameplay. Found a gameplay on Youtube a few years ago. Hard to see a car in all those pixels. 😅

Its a proper racing game, it was so damn difficult.

And if i remember it correctly, it was only 400MB...

No its not NFS Porsche, i'll update the description because the race is always happening at night.

1 minute ago, aDoomGuy said:

Midnight Madness?

You mean midtown? no

Just now, Ya_Mi said:

You mean midtown? no

Oh right. There is one I think it could be but it's made in the 90's ...and I can't for the life of me remember what it is called. Been thinking about it for a while... but it's not that if you're sure it was made in the 2000's..

2 hours ago, Ya_Mi said:

Back in the day when i only have potato computer, i have played this racing game. And somehow i missed it a lot, because its notoriously difficult.

The thing is, i forgot the title (T^T) so i'll do my best to describe it incase anyone have played it too.

It is a 3D Game, probably made in the early 2000 by small developer.

In the game, you can only upgrade your car by winning the race. The race is just a duel between you and the AI, to start the race, you and the AI have to bet car parts, and if you win, you'll get a new part from the AI.

What i can remember about the gameplay is that, your car is parking somewhere and the enemies approach you to challenge you and the race always happen at night.

I have done by best to find it including scrolling through wikipedia but, i still unable to find it.

So please, if anyone have played it before, let me know.

I guess it's for PC?
For PS1 there was a game called Midnight Run from 1998.

For PC (and PS1) Motorhead from 1999. (EA DICE / Digital Illusions CE (producer) and Fox Interactive as publisher.

Midnight Racing from 2000 (IncaGold / Bright Star) I would bet you meant this one. Is the closest to what you've descibed.
or

Midnight Racing: Long Night from the same producers.

If I would've to bet I would go for something from IncaGold - their Midnight Racing series.

it kind of sounds like a successor of this (this didn't have betting iirc) one of the hardest, most fun racing games ever - and definitely with the best track editor (ever) 

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/04/10/the-remarkable-community-around-a-27-year-old-ms-dos-racing-game/

I'm sure it's not that, but maybe as I said it's a sequel or clone of this what you're looking for? 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Midnight Club series?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

On 11/30/2020 at 7:08 PM, TwisteddJoker said:

I guess it's for PC?
For PS1 there was a game called Midnight Run from 1998.

For PC (and PS1) Motorhead from 1999. (EA DICE / Digital Illusions CE (producer) and Fox Interactive as publisher.

Midnight Racing from 2000 (IncaGold / Bright Star) I would bet you meant this one. Is the closest to what you've descibed.
or

Midnight Racing: Long Night from the same producers.

If I would've to bet I would go for something from IncaGold - their Midnight Racing series.

Sadly, its none of the above T^T

On 11/30/2020 at 8:16 PM, xAcid9 said:

Midnight Club series?

No 😢 

On 11/30/2020 at 9:41 PM, Yebi said:

If you find no luck here, try /r/tipofmyjoystick

Hmm i don't have reddit but i'll try

On 11/30/2020 at 7:12 PM, Mark Kaine said:

it kind of sounds like a successor of this (this didn't have betting iirc) one of the hardest, most fun racing games ever - and definitely with the best track editor (ever) 

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/04/10/the-remarkable-community-around-a-27-year-old-ms-dos-racing-game/

I'm sure it's not that, but maybe as I said it's a sequel or clone of this what you're looking for? 

Went deep on that, sadly, its not the right one