PC Stuck at ASRock Boot Screen

My build:

• ASRock Creator x570

• Ryzen 7 3800x

• 4x16gb G-Skill RAM

• MSI 2080 Super

I don't think I've ever been so frustrated with my computer. I was in BIOS adjusting the frequency on my RAM and it didn't boot up, which is pretty common when I'm trying to get higher frequencies. So I restarted my PC and it went to the ASRock logo and just stayed there. I checked out the MOBO code and it was sitting at 98. From my research this indicates an issue in some peripheral that is attached to the PC. So I unplugged all of my peripherals (mouse, keyboard, headphones, etc) and boot it up again. This time it stuck on post code "d7". Which I think indicates that there are no peripherals connected. So I basically kept alternating USB slots with my mouse and my keyboard while rebooting and clearing CMOS. Every single time it booted up and just stuck on the ASRock screen with the error code "98".

As a last ditch effort I formatted a USB to FAT32 and put a newer BIOS version on it, making sure to name it appropriately. I put it into the right BIOS USB slot and pressed the BIOS flashback button for 3 seconds. It started flashing and then held on green, which the manual says means something went wrong. So unfortunately I couldn't upgrade my BIOS.

I've been taking random things out of my PC to see if it fixes the problem but honestly I can't figure it out. Any suggestions would be really helpful!

5 minutes ago, WillSnyder said:

My build:

• ASRock Creator x570

• Ryzen 7 3800x

• 4x16gb G-Skill RAM

• MSI 2080 Super

I don't think I've ever been so frustrated with my computer. I was in BIOS adjusting the frequency on my RAM and it didn't boot up, which is pretty common when I'm trying to get higher frequencies. So I restarted my PC and it went to the ASRock logo and just stayed there. I checked out the MOBO code and it was sitting at 98. From my research this indicates an issue in some peripheral that is attached to the PC. So I unplugged all of my peripherals (mouse, keyboard, headphones, etc) and boot it up again. This time it stuck on post code "d7". Which I think indicates that there are no peripherals connected. So I basically kept alternating USB slots with my mouse and my keyboard while rebooting and clearing CMOS. Every single time it booted up and just stuck on the ASRock screen with the error code "98".

As a last ditch effort I formatted a USB to FAT32 and put a newer BIOS version on it, making sure to name it appropriately. I put it into the right BIOS USB slot and pressed the BIOS flashback button for 3 seconds. It started flashing and then held on green, which the manual says means something went wrong. So unfortunately I couldn't upgrade my BIOS.

I've been taking random things out of my PC to see if it fixes the problem but honestly I can't figure it out. Any suggestions would be really helpful!

It sounds like you kind of froze the mobo. Did you try to flash the bios agian?

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.