Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gpu bracket

Go to solution Solved by Bombastinator,

There are a bunch of different types of gpu bracket.  Some of them come with GPUs, some of them don’t. Some are metal, some are plastic some are even rods somewhat resembling chemistry glassware stands that magnetically attach to the inside bottom of the case.  At question here may be the term “gpu bracket” which most commonly refers to braces that keep heavy GPUs from sagging and putting undue pressure on the motherboard pcie connector.  

what you might be talking about is a pcie slot attachment slot.  If this is the case (as a 1060 mini is unlikely to need a gpu bracket as I understand the term) it likely doesn’t matter a ton which way it is done.  Most commonly one would attach the case screw first then the gpu screw(s there should be two on a double slot card) but if getting the thing to fit is an issue attaching the back plate to the gpu first then attaching the whole thing to the case is probably fine.  Not all cases have the sort of pice slot system you have pictured.  It’s more common in some smaller cases but even then is not ubiquitous.

On my gpu bracket there's a screw that goes directly into the gpu and 1 that goes into the case. I'm not sure which screw goes in first Ill send a photo with the gpu screw and case screw marked. Currently I've put in the one that goes into the gpu first and the case second. Is this right? Edit: oh also when I put the gpu screw in the main bracket wasn't on the pc so it didn't screw that in. My Gpu is a gigabyte 1060 mini and my case is a CiT Blaze (link to case - https://www.amazon.co.uk/CiT-Mid-Tower-Single-Ring-Tempered-Water-Cooling/dp/B07G4TZPQK?th=1)

20201130_082250.jpg

No information about what gpu or case or bracket is involved so I don’t see how this one might be possible to answer.

Edited by Bombastinator

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

6 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

No information about what gpu or case or bracket is involved so I don’t see how this one might be possible to answer.

I believe most cases have this exact type of bracket and all of my cases have had it. Sorry I didn't think it was needed

8 minutes ago, Britishblue said:

I believe most cases have this exact type of bracket and all of my cases have had it. Sorry I didn't think it was needed

Anyway my gpu is a gigabyte 1060 mini and my case is a CiT Blaze (link - https://www.amazon.co.uk/CiT-Mid-Tower-Single-Ring-Tempered-Water-Cooling/dp/B07G4TZPQK?th=1)

There are a bunch of different types of gpu bracket.  Some of them come with GPUs, some of them don’t. Some are metal, some are plastic some are even rods somewhat resembling chemistry glassware stands that magnetically attach to the inside bottom of the case.  At question here may be the term “gpu bracket” which most commonly refers to braces that keep heavy GPUs from sagging and putting undue pressure on the motherboard pcie connector.  

what you might be talking about is a pcie slot attachment slot.  If this is the case (as a 1060 mini is unlikely to need a gpu bracket as I understand the term) it likely doesn’t matter a ton which way it is done.  Most commonly one would attach the case screw first then the gpu screw(s there should be two on a double slot card) but if getting the thing to fit is an issue attaching the back plate to the gpu first then attaching the whole thing to the case is probably fine.  Not all cases have the sort of pice slot system you have pictured.  It’s more common in some smaller cases but even then is not ubiquitous.

Edited by Bombastinator

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.