Which ram slots i should use? Help please

Go to solution Solved by aDoomGuy,

Your PC is probably in single channel mode now. Use slots 2 and 4 like so for dual channel.

[cpu] 1234

So i came across the verge pc guy video after a long time and i saw the reactions about how he placed the rams in the wrong way and many other things. I built my pc almost 5 years ago.( i just bought the parts and let them build the pc couse i didnt know anything) Recently i upgraded my gpu and then i realized the ram slots bein used are the third and fourth slots. I do not have any problems with my pc at least i dont think so should i change the slots used to 1 and 3 or 2 and 4? Or just keep it how it is? 

2 and 4 is the most general layout for all motherboard manufacturers. If you do not change it, dual channel will not be used, and your performance will tank compared to a PC similar to yours however having the ram on the correct slots.

Your PC is probably in single channel mode now. Use slots 2 and 4 like so for dual channel.

[cpu] 1234

3 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

[cpu] 1234

How can i check if it is in single chanell mode i have 2x8 gb of ram 

29 minutes ago, Rooked said:

2 and 4 is the most general layout for all motherboard manufacturers. If you do not change it, dual channel will not be used, and your performance will tank compared to a PC similar to yours however having the ram on the correct slots.

Can just change the slots to 2 and 4. Do i need to do anything else like on bios etc.

34 minutes ago, kaans42 said:

So i came across the verge pc guy video after a long time and i saw the reactions about how he placed the rams in the wrong way and many other things. I built my pc almost 5 years ago.( i just bought the parts and let them build the pc couse i didnt know anything) Recently i upgraded my gpu and then i realized the ram slots bein used are the third and fourth slots. I do not have any problems with my pc at least i dont think so should i change the slots used to 1 and 3 or 2 and 4? Or just keep it how it is? 

use 2 and 4th or it will not read full memory capacity... 

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,

Celeric07

39 minutes ago, kaans42 said:

Can just change the slots to 2 and 4. Do i need to do anything else like on bios etc.

just change. :) 

4 hours ago, kaans42 said:

How can i check if it is in single chanell mode i have 2x8 gb of ram 

There should be an empty slot between each stick. If not then you are running single channel. Just use slots 2 and 4 as mentioned above.