Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for a PCIe cable for ThermalTake PSU's

So I'm looking for a PCIe cable to go straight from my 750W ThermalTake Toughpower Grand PSU to my GPU 8 pin adapter for the 3080 FE, but I cant seem to find a cable that will fit the Thermaltake PSU and isn't an extension cable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can search and buy a spare PCIe cable for your PSU model (remember some models have different cables) and use that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rooked said:

You can search and buy a spare PCIe cable for your PSU model (remember some models have different cables) and use that.

Just tried this, could only find some on EBay and even then it was just for 'thermaltake PSU's' and I dont know if it would work specifically with my PSU

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SStickells said:

Just tried this, could only find some on EBay and even then it was just for 'thermaltake PSU's' and I dont know if it would work specifically with my PSU

It probably wouldn't. Can you ask Thermaltake support for the cables? Don't risk it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rooked said:

It probably wouldn't. Can you ask Thermaltake support for the cables? Don't risk it.

That's what I was thinking, Ive asked Thermaltake so guess I just have to wait now. my 3080 is currently being powered by one PCIe 8 pin on my PSU, but the cable splits into two 8 pins... think that's okay for now and wont do any damage until I can get one of these cables?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That won't damage anything in the meanwhile. However, replace it soon when you do get the cables.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rooked said:

That won't damage anything in the meanwhile. However, replace it soon when you do get the cables.

For sure, thanks :) appreciate the help.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×