Needing guidance on proper temps and non-OC'd CPU behavior

AMDTBS489

Hi Everyone,

I'll try to keep this as concise and clear as possible. 

I completed my first build last week and it's a Lancool 215 with a 5950x CPU that's cooled with a Noctua D15. MB is a x570 Unify and GPU Gigabyte RTX 3090. There are a few things that have me concerned, mostly b/c this is my first time and youtube/reddit forums aren't addressing these questions directly: 

1. My resting temp is about 50-55d C and when I run Battlefield V at max settings, w/ RTX & 2K it hovers around 75d C during gameplay w/ short spikes upto 87d C b/w rounds... Are these safe/healthy numbers? I'm seeing ppls builds where temps are much lower and I know they prob use waterblocks or similar. One contributor to the temps may be that I couldn't fit the 2nd 140mm fan on the D15 heatsink so I mounted it on the roof of the cage and ordered a 120mm fan to mount on the heatsink. I think I seated and thermal pasted well but wonder why these temps aren't more comparable to other benchmarks I'm seeing.
  2. I made the mistake of downloading MSI Dragon Center and based on my coretemp numbers before and after that, I think it automatically OC'd my CPU so that most of the cores are frequently running close to the boost speed (approx 4.9ghz) more often than I imagine they need.... I reset the bios, disabled PBO and when I ran Battlefield V again it still pushes all 16 cores to nearly 4.9ghz... I could be misremembering my coretemp numbers before I installed dragon center. Is it normal, un-overclock'd behavior for a CPU to have it's cores running close to the turbo speed, even with PBO off? Does AMD enable PBO as a default setting in these new chips? Any guidance here would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all!