Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Which of these NVME 1TB drive is the best for the price?

HI guys!

I'm looking for a new drive for my system, a 1TB that would fit in my little slot on my motherboard...i don't know much at all about these SSD's so i'm requesting help from you guys in the know :)

I need something that will be compatible with my system (Asus Z370-E Gaming) it will be used to store games...i have multiple SSD's already in this machine but nothing in that little slot.

Is it worth it to get NVME for that? or should i pocket the 20$ and just get the ''non NVME'' Team drive i saw for 100$?

THanks, so which one? (these are canadian pesos that's why it's more expensive)

image.thumb.png.1e15a416325bd6e814392f63964d682c.png

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X Trio 2ghz OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Rift S

To store games it literally doesn't matter which SSD you use.

I boot on a NVMe and most of my games I got on SATA SSD. If I move games to the NVMe I don't notice a difference. Get whichever is cheapest.

TuringMachine

Ryzen 5 3600x - Asus Strix B450-F - Asus ROG RTX 2060S Strix AD - HyperX Predator 3200 2x8 GB DDR4 - Phanteks P400S - Corsair RM 650x - BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 - Kingston A2000 NVMe 1TB SSD - 2x Samsung QVO 1TB SSD (RAID 0) - Seagate Barracuda 3TB

"If the genius of invention were to reveal tomorrow the secret of immortality, of eternal beauty and youth, for which all humanity is aching, the same inexorable agents which prevent a mass from changing suddenly its velocity would likewise resist the force of the new knowledge until time gradually modifies human thought."

-Nikola Tesla, New York, May 16, 1907

Right now for gaming there's no point to nvme but that could change soon with direct storage. For that reason I'd just go ahead and spend the extra $30 or so for a fast gen 3 nvme ssd. If you decide not to go nvme just go for a standard 2.5 inch sata ssd. I generally go off the ssd tier list we have on the forum 

For $100 you can get 4-6TB HDD.

Are you sure don't wanna HDD game drive? Because that's is a lot of space.

Ryzen 2600 @ 4ghz | Radeon RX580 | 32gb HyperX 3200mhz | 500gb Samsung PM981a | 5 TB HDD | Corsair CX450

30 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

For $100 you can get 4-6TB HDD.

Are you sure don't wanna HDD game drive? Because that's is a lot of space.

i have 4 SSDs in my system right now because the HDD was the loudest part in my system by a long shot i DEFENETLY won't go back to hard drives that's for sure :)

i know it's a lot of space, but i have a 1TB, a couple 512GB...i have GTA5, BF5, RDR2 and a couple racing sims that takes quite a few hundreds of GB but usually i'm fine i would just trash in an extra TB one for mostly games i download and play for a while or test etc...some vr titles etc.

Also thanks to the guys your anwers we're greatly appreciated...the reason i want one for the little slot if i already have plenty of sata cables and power cables routed behind and i don't feel like messing around in there and stuff...is there any downside i should be aware of with getting one for the little slot?

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X Trio 2ghz OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Rift S

1 hour ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Also thanks to the guys your anwers we're greatly appreciated...the reason i want one for the little slot if i already have plenty of sata cables and power cables routed behind and i don't feel like messing around in there and stuff...is there any downside i should be aware of with getting one for the little slot?

Using the m.2 slot can disable sata ports. Check your motherboard manual to see which ones are disabled when an nvme drive is in use.

On 11/30/2020 at 9:23 AM, i_build_nanosuits said:

On 11/30/2020 at 9:47 AM, Fungal said:

Try getting one of these...

IMG_20201201_191417.thumb.jpg.373d84deaa9611840ea199078fccc700.jpg

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W