Alternative cards to a 5700XT budget

GrampaBob

HI I just bought an i9-9900K complete new rig except the video card.  I was looking at possibly a 5700XT for my budget but I was curious what are some other GPU models in the same power area that I can investigate since locating cards are tricky.  I'd like to play AC Valhalla so I think sticking with an 8gig card would be better then less vram (or I'd check out the 5600XT for sure) Thnx.

The 5700XT and 2070 Super are about the same performance, though not in AC:V. If you're looking for Nvidia's comparable performer, you'd need to look for a 2080 Super or better for AC:V.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

Honestly the 5700xt is your best bet, I also recommend searching up some guides and tinkering around with overclocking, you can get a pretty decent gain over a 2070s at stock if you have any luck.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

Yeah the 5700 xt is probably your best bet right now. It's unfortunate as there are cards that should come out at that price point sometime in the future as part of the rx 6000 series and the rtx 3000 series but if you have to buy now then it can't be helped especially because stock of the new cards likely won't be good on release so it might be awhile before we can readily get the new midrange cards. 

Thnx for the replies, yup 5700XT will be the target.  I would think if I wait until next year, It's almost to hard to keep up and I'll be behind more generations heh.

Yes, 5700XT is your best bet, but, for the love of all that is cool, please look at tear-down videos. I can't believe that we still have to deal with poor memory and VRM cooling in 2020, but that's totally a thing with some cards. 

yep, take a look at GN tear downs and "upgrade" tutorials on 5700XT. 

you know 5700 non xt could flast the xt bios for perf boost , like +7% or so

but thats old, wait for 3060ti / 6700 next jan