Losing a few pixels at the top of my screen when G-SYNC enabled...

Hi everyone, 

I know this isn't a major problem, but it has been irritating me. I have a pixio px247 monitor, and a 2070 super. I found out that G-SYNC works quite well on this monitor, so I decided to enable free sync in the monitor settings, then g-sync in nvidia control panel. Instantly I noticed that when I loaded up programs like opera GX, the top part of each tab was missing. When I looked to resize in nvidia control panel, the width was perfect, but the height was either a few pixels too high, or too low. My brain just kicked me at this point. It only happens when G-sync is enabled which is very odd, anybody else experienced the same problem or knows how to fix it? Thank you!

On 11/29/2020 at 11:05 PM, Senzelian said:

Are you connected via DisplayPort?

Yep I'm connected via display port 

5 hours ago, EGGMANDOOM said:

Yep I'm connected via display port 

Alright. I can only imagine this to be a bandwith limitation. Maybe the cable is the issue?

Have you checked wether there is an option for the DP standard within the settings of the display? Sometimes you have to set it to DP 1.2 or higher for it to function properly.

You can also see if any of the settings within the Nvidia Control Panel under the resolution settings change anything.

I have it only in German, but if you look below there are a few settings you can play around with:

image.png.07e911a3b50c1a595eb9095210889dd3.png

On 12/1/2020 at 9:38 PM, Senzelian said:

Alright. I can only imagine this to be a bandwith limitation. Maybe the cable is the issue?

Have you checked wether there is an option for the DP standard within the settings of the display? Sometimes you have to set it to DP 1.2 or higher for it to function properly.

You can also see if any of the settings within the Nvidia Control Panel under the resolution settings change anything.

I have it only in German, but if you look below there are a few settings you can play around with:

image.png.07e911a3b50c1a595eb9095210889dd3.png

I will test this out as soon as I get back to my pc as I have never changed the DP settings so that may be it. The cable came with the monitor so I assumed that it was fairly good quality, but i don't mind getting a better quality if that's what it takes. Thank you!

• 6 months later...
On 12/4/2020 at 8:34 PM, EGGMANDOOM said:

I will test this out as soon as I get back to my pc as I have never changed the DP settings so that may be it. The cable came with the monitor so I assumed that it was fairly good quality, but i don't mind getting a better quality if that's what it takes. Thank you!

hi! did you solve the issue? i have the same issue right now and it affects me because i have the screen upside down so i don't know which programs are open in windows :c

gsync on.jpg

gsync off.jpg

Edited by thepringles
i did not post evidence of the problem