Tiny microstutters, consistent in intervals 'RTX 3070 Aorus Master'

StuffyMcStuff

benchmark29-11-20.txt

So I've had my 3070 Aorus master for about a week now, and I've noticed some very light micro stuttering. It comes in, what seems like, a consistent interval. Most obvious in rythm games, as well as competitive titles. The stutters are mostly in the realm of 'you blink and you'll miss it' except when it comes to stuff moving towards you i.e walking at a steady pace forward and rythm games like clone hero where there's a highway scrolling/moving at a set speed. 

Thing is, this card has dual bios "OC/Quiet" and I noticed that "Quiet" had more frequent stutters, while "OC" had way less (almost fully tolerable, but I'm picky). Ofc when I put in my old 1070 it completely stopped, so it's definitely GPU-related. This also lead me to believe it's bios-related. GPU is performing fine otherwise.

You guys have any idea? Could gigabyte remotely fix it if it's the bios? Have ruled out monitors as I have tried not going dual as well as changing monitor completely.

All drivers as well as windows are fresh installs. Latest Mobo bios along with its drivers.

My Rig:

Monitor: LG GL850 1440p 144hz  FreeSync On (have tried off too) + Asus VG278 1080p 144hz - both are using Display port

Mobo: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max

RAM: 16GB 3600Mhz cl18

CPU: R5 3600

GPU: RTX 3070 Aorus Master

Storage: m.2 1tb + 2x 250GB SATA SSD+ 7200 2TB HDD

PSU: 650W 80+ Bronze

• 6 months later...

I have this exact same issue - please let me know if you ever found a fix for this!

• 1 month later...
On 6/5/2021 at 8:39 AM, Bojacc said:

I have this exact same issue - please let me know if you ever found a fix for this!

Did you figure out if it was forsure caused by the gpu. Or find a fix? 

On 11/29/2020 at 4:27 PM, StuffyMcStuff said:

benchmark29-11-20.txt 360 B · 2 downloads

So I've had my 3070 Aorus master for about a week now, and I've noticed some very light micro stuttering. It comes in, what seems like, a consistent interval. Most obvious in rythm games, as well as competitive titles. The stutters are mostly in the realm of 'you blink and you'll miss it' except when it comes to stuff moving towards you i.e walking at a steady pace forward and rythm games like clone hero where there's a highway scrolling/moving at a set speed. 

Thing is, this card has dual bios "OC/Quiet" and I noticed that "Quiet" had more frequent stutters, while "OC" had way less (almost fully tolerable, but I'm picky). Ofc when I put in my old 1070 it completely stopped, so it's definitely GPU-related. This also lead me to believe it's bios-related. GPU is performing fine otherwise.

You guys have any idea? Could gigabyte remotely fix it if it's the bios? Have ruled out monitors as I have tried not going dual as well as changing monitor completely.

All drivers as well as windows are fresh installs. Latest Mobo bios along with its drivers.

My Rig:

Monitor: LG GL850 1440p 144hz  FreeSync On (have tried off too) + Asus VG278 1080p 144hz - both are using Display port

Mobo: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max

RAM: 16GB 3600Mhz cl18

CPU: R5 3600

GPU: RTX 3070 Aorus Master

Storage: m.2 1tb + 2x 250GB SATA SSD+ 7200 2TB HDD

PSU: 650W 80+ Bronze

Did you ever find a fix for this? 

• 8 months later...

I found a solution for this. You are probably having the same issue as me. I recently got aorus rx 6800 xt master and i got microstutter at 1 second intervals. I had checked refresh rates matching, changed refresh rates ,refresh rate caps, vsync, monitoring apps off, any possible thing that could be time based. But then I checked all the running apps and services and found the aorus service running and since it's related to time refresh intervals plus gigabyte history if crappy software I immediately turned it off and tested again, noda microstutter gone for good.

Solution:

Just go to windows services and look for "aorus lcd service" and disable it. I personally changed it to manual so I could keep using rgb fusion to control the rgb, and the lcd set to chibbitime instead of the useful gpu stats.