RTX 2070 performance and monitor related problems

Barnea77

What fps am i supposed to run gta v at with a rtx 2070 and an i5 9400f because I don't think it's an average of 70 to 80 in story mode and an average of 50 to 60 in online mode with drops to even 30.

My biggest concern is that when I initially installed gta on my 3 month old rig it ran on a capped 144 in story with a few drops online to just 120, letting me no room for understanding of the downgrade.

In both times I played gta I had everything maxed out on 1080p. I observed some bottleneck issues at some point when the GPU was using only 60% to 70% but today the usage went fine to a degree. I heard gta may be cpu intensive but the cpu wasn't working too hard either ( around 50 % ). 

In adition to that I encountered a sort of horizontal flickering of translucid lines constantly going up. Another issue that could be related to the monitor is a weird occurance of small formations of black dots. These ones I encountered in rdr 2 when disabling taaand looking at the sun and in witcher 3 when looking at bright textures such as snow. Now I don't know if this issue is gpu or monitor related. It's a 4 year old monitor but i find it hard to believe a monitor would go bad. I am planning to buy a 1440p monitor anyway but after seeing the latest performances my rig displays I would like to resolve the problems first. 

If any 2070 users have encountered issues too or if someone simply can help me pls don't hesitate.