How do I make my own website builder

RTX 3090

You want a template builder like Wix to build a template site builder like Wix? Yah, no. You need to have intimate programming knowledge and business knowledge among a whole host of other skillsets to make something from scratch and sell it.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

You want a template builder like Wix to build a template site builder like Wix? Yah, no. You need to have intimate programming knowledge and business knowledge among a whole host of other skillsets to make something from scratch and sell it.

Is there nothing like sitepro for cpanel which is premade

Please tag me @RTX 3090 so I can see your reply

1 minute ago, RTX 3090 said:

Is there nothing like sitepro for cpanel which is premade

Are you just wanting a website builder which you can install via cPanel?

If so, then Wordpress is what you're looking for - https://docs.cpanel.net/knowledge-base/third-party/how-to-install-wordpress-with-cpanel/

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

If it was that easy to create a site builder, nobody would rely on Square Space or Wix.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Just now, pythonmegapixel said:

Are you just wanting a website builder which you can installer via cPanel?

If so, then Wordpress is what you're looking for - https://docs.cpanel.net/knowledge-base/third-party/how-to-install-wordpress-with-cpanel/

They want a website builder builder so they can build a website builder of their own to complete with Wix an the like I think.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

so.. you want a website builder for website builders...

if that exists, i guarantee you the end result will be horribly secure and hilareously unoptimized...

maybe there's a website builder to make website builders for website builders...

81UeYuulNjL._SX466_.jpg

2 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

Are you just wanting a website builder which you can install via cPanel?

No, am looking for something like wix or squarespace

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

complete with Wix

I need to create multiple websites (around 20) each with their own subdomain and website, so wanted something to basically do all this for me. Also wanted it relatively easy to use like wordpress or wix

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

horribly insecure

Not doing any payment processing, just a basic site

1 minute ago, RTX 3090 said:

Not doing any payment processing, just a basic site

security is about more than payment processors.. unless you are really into bad actors finding backdoors to place malicious payloads on your server.

Hey I am looking for something similar, maybe you can help. 

Instead of a template for a template I just want a straight template to infinite money. Any ideas? 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Just now, manikyath said:

security is about more than payment processors..

But if I don't have any user databases, just a basic site with a few pictures and text, there is nothing for them to find a backdoor into. No databases, no SQL queries

3 minutes ago, RTX 3090 said:

But if I don't have any user databases, just a basic site with a few pictures and text, there is nothing for them to find a backdoor into. No databases, no SQL queries

4 minutes ago, manikyath said:

unless you are really into bad actors finding backdoors to place malicious payloads on your server.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

unless you are really into bad actors finding backdoors to place malicious payloads on your server.

How can they place a payload if there is nothing to place a payload into (they cant do SQL injection, no search feature and no databases anyways). Can't do XSS as no input feild. Just basic HTML web design

Just now, RTX 3090 said:

How can they place a payload if there is nothing to place a payload into (they cant do SQL injection, no search feature and no databases anyways). Can't do XSS as no input feild. Just basic HTML web design

a website builder is a very dynamic situation with lots of potential for security gaps, a premade template for something can be assumed to be absolute minimal effort. might i remind you that the hilareously plain "flash game collection" websites of yesteryear were often a target of mailicous payloads, despite the fact there was literally nothing a user could do there besides click links?

FloRolf actually put it pretty nicely:

10 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

Hey I am looking for something similar, maybe you can help. 

Instead of a template for a template I just want a straight template to infinite money. Any ideas? 

It may be more helpful to park the debate on the existance of a 'website builder builder', and talk about what your end goal with this is, because otherwise we'll just end up going into loops.

3 minutes ago, RTX 3090 said:

You could write software to generate HTML web pages, but that requires programming. 

An easier way to get web pages up quick and dirty, is to use MS word. Open the program, set the view to "web view" or "html view" or whatever it's called, and then you can basically create a page as if it's a word document. Save as web page and you're done.

4 minutes ago, manikyath said:

a website builder is a very dynamic situation with lots of potential for security gaps

I'm assuming OP's site builder is for personal use only, so it'd be an offline software tool. perhaps you're talking about the security of the tool whereas the OP's talking about the security of the sites generated?

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

It may be more helpful to park the debate on the existance of a 'website builder builder', and talk about what your end goal with this is, because otherwise we'll just end up going into loops.

(very) often I create small sites e.g. for a small business of a friend

I use Nicepage, create a subdomain and upload the files. 

I want to do this faster

I want something where I enter the name of the site, drag and drop a few images and text, and it auto creates a subdomain and uploads the site for me

3 minutes ago, akio123008 said:

so it'd be an offline software tool. 

Not an issue, so long as it can FTP into my cPanel and upload the files for me (or upload it using any other method)

9 minutes ago, RTX 3090 said:

(very) often I create small sites e.g. for a small business of a friend

I use Nicepage, create a subdomain and upload the files. 

I want to do this faster

I want something where I enter the name of the site, drag and drop a few images and text, and it auto creates a subdomain and uploads the site for me

that's not a website builder, that's just an admin tool.

i suggest you keep using the websites as you're used to them, and look into the API possibilities of the vareous control panels you need to log into for doing this, depending on the possibilities it's possible you can just make a script that does all the steps by API calls and FTP transfers.

also, for optimizing the process of actually making a website.. make a few template websites in your software of choice, let your 'customers' choose a template, and just copypaste content into the chosen template. also, from the little web design knowledge i have, i know it's possible to let the core website files pull its content (images, text, etc.) from an external source, so you could just literally put images in the right folder with the right name, put some text into a file, and call it a day.