Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi there,

Im trying to get myself a Zen 3 Cpu for christmas (leaning toward the 7 5800x, but maybe ill go for the 5, dont quite know yet) but theyve been out of stock since release. Should I wait for more stock in 2021, or maybe even before christmas, or just give it up and buy an older Cpu? Is there even anything known about Zen 3 Restocks? 

Id appreciate any advice you guys could give me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

if you feel like it sure. what GPU are you planning to run and what is the rest of your specs?

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eeeee1 said:

if you feel like it sure. what GPU are you planning to run and what is the rest of your specs?

Im planning on upgrading almost everything. I currently own an i5-7500, rx 5700 on some ultra-scuffed motherboard thats too small for my case (my dad bought it), 16 gigs of (only) 3200mhz ram, an alright ssd and reliable hdd, and a 750w PU.

The planned upgrade contains (if everything works out) a Ryzen 7 5800x, either a next-gen AMD Gpu or an RTX 3080 (less likely), the new evo as NVMe ssd, new ram if I have the budget and obviously a new Motherboard, probably an Aorus Elite x570 or something similair. 

I realize that the two main parts of this upgrade are currently unobtainable which is really annoying, but hopefully there will be restocks soon enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, IDontKnowMuchDontFlameMe said:

Hi there,

Im trying to get myself a Zen 3 Cpu for christmas (leaning toward the 7 5800x, but maybe ill go for the 5, dont quite know yet) but theyve been out of stock since release. Should I wait for more stock in 2021, or maybe even before christmas, or just give it up and buy an older Cpu? Is there even anything known about Zen 3 Restocks? 

Id appreciate any advice you guys could give me.

Seeing that it's the holidays a'comin' i'd expect AMD has some stock set aside so that there are sales of their products at that time. Even if just as an ad to have "Best seller" next to their icon.

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  16GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1x 256 m.2, 1x 500 SSD, 1x 1TB, 1x 8TB   PSU Corsair 1000W  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 2x 4TB 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FIXXX said:

Seeing that it's the holidays a'comin' i'd expect AMD has some stock set aside so that there are sales of their products at that time. Even if just as an ad to have "Best seller" next to their icon.

Thats what Im hoping on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IDontKnowMuchDontFlameMe said:

16 gigs of (only) 3200mhz ram

lmfao, ok buddy. ONLY 3200mhz. 

other than that, since you are going to need a new mobo, and two components are unavailable, I would wait.

For your upgrade, you completely do not need to upgrade. if you plan on tuning in a red line overclock on ryzen, sure, but i doubt you will judging by your username.

for motherboard, I recommend the Aorus Master X570. you don't need ram, cpu or gpu to flash its bios for Ryzen 5000 series ready.

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

Link to post
Share on other sites

just wait, the difference is big enough i wouldn't touch zen 2 unless you need a pc right now.

9900k 1.39v 5.2avx 5.0 ring 96C 205w 1.01v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5575 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 15-15-15-33-320-24 ddr4100  bdie 1.5v 45C 1.25sa/1.21io  ll EVGA 2080 ti XC 1995//7600 325w 69C stock voltage (bad ocer) ll  8x nf12/14 fans 2x samsung 860 evo 500gb raid 0 ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll Corsair graphite 780T ll EVGA G2 1300w ll Windows 10 Pro ll NEC PA272w (movie, work mon) 1080p 60hzll Predator X27 4k144 hdr (using at 4:4:4 98 fan is dying)

 

old rig 8600k d15 evga 1080 ti hybrid  z370 extreme 4 2x8gb ddr3866 cl16 512gb nvme evo+ 860 evo 500gb raid 0 evga p2 1000w 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh shit i put in the wrong ram speed, 2333mhz, thats on me.
My goal is to be able to play modern competetive games like the new CODs or Battlefields with 144hz, if not more. I sure as hell know Im not getting that on my current setup, so yeah, a new upgrade may not be MANDATORY, but still something Id look forward to. 

2 minutes ago, eeeee1 said:

lmfao, ok buddy. ONLY 3200mhz. 

other than that, since you are going to need a new mobo, and two components are unavailable, I would wait.

For your upgrade, you completely do not need to upgrade. if you plan on tuning in a red line overclock on ryzen, sure, but i doubt you will judging by your username.

for motherboard, I recommend the Aorus Master X570. you don't need ram, cpu or gpu to flash its bios for Ryzen 5000 series ready.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, xg32 said:

just wait, the difference is big enough i wouldn't touch zen 2 unless you need a pc right now.

K thanks thats what I was thinking too

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My local computer store in rural Canada said they're expecting to hear news from their supplier on Monday of a shipment arriving during the week

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Newegg

×