Seasonic 500 W 80+ Gold - got shocked after unplugging the power cable... please help ....

FaelanMaelan
Go to solution Solved by aDoomGuy,

If it kinda shocked you I think it was probably just static electricity leaving your body to ground via the PSU.

https://imgur.com/S1BIxvD 

Hello guys... So i got shocked by the power cable of the PSU while unplugging it from the cord or whatevet its called...Did i damaged anything ??

Got shocked by that part on the picture... So was it a shock or static electricity from me touching that part?

PS: My mum moped the floor so it was a bit wet and i was with socks when i was unplugging it..

PS2 : I plugged and turned on the computer right after this happening everything looked fine and was working good but im still paranoid.. Did i damaged anything with what happened or its fine ??

I would appreciate any help.... Please...

i mean i am pretty sure as long as the other end wasn't plugged in you should be good.

if you are really scared run some diagnostics. 

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

Just now, eeeee1 said:

i mean i am pretty sure as long as the other end wasn't plugged in you should be good.

if you are really scared run some diagnostics. 

What do you mean the other end ? it was plugged on the PSU ...... and it  kinda shocked me when i touched it accidentally ..... but after that i turned on the PC and everything seems to work just fine .... im just paranoid if i damaged anything - or it will get damaged after time :|

1 minute ago, FaelanMaelan said:

What do you mean the other end ? it was plugged on the PSU ...... and it  kinda shocked me when i touched it accidentally ..... but after that i turned on the PC and everything seems to work just fine .... im just paranoid if i damaged anything - or it will get damaged after time :|

as i said, run some dianostics like memtest or whatever. you never know until you try.

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

Just now, aDoomGuy said:

If it kinda shocked you I think it was probably just static electricity leaving your body to ground via the PSU.

Yeah it was a little shock i think but when i felt it i just let the cable - then right after that i plugged everything and turned on the PC and everything was fine ... checked HWInfo and PSU voltages were fine also ... but im paranoid i guess .... So if everything is working just fine it should be okay right ? 

10 minutes ago, FaelanMaelan said:

Yeah it was a little shock i think but when i felt it i just let the cable - then right after that i plugged everything and turned on the PC and everything was fine ... checked HWInfo and PSU voltages were fine also ... but im paranoid i guess .... So if everything is working just fine it should be okay right ? 

Right I think you're fine. Besides... I had a fan controller short out on a previous PC of mine. One of those analog ones you connect to molex, it too a while before I managed to get the PC turned back on (it shut off instantly lol). When I got it back on eventually it worked fine, just not the fan header that shorted. To this day only 2 of the 3 headers work. I can tell you I was sweaty after seeing the sparks and the PC didn't turn on again at first lol.

Just now, aDoomGuy said:

Right I think you're fine. Besides... I had a fan controller short out on a previous PC of mine. One of those analog ones you connect to molex, it too a while before I managed to get the PC turned back on (it shut off instantly lol). When I got it back on eventually it worked fine, just not the fan header that shorted. To this day only 2 of the 3 headers work. I can tell you I was sweaty after seeing the sparks and the PC didn't turn on again at first lol.

Thank you so much dude .... for reassuring me ... im so paranoid bout things like this ..... now im gonna play something demanding to test it if its working fine then i guess its fine ... thanks again a lot !