Issue with every Directx game

deriksson

I have been having problems with games using direct x. Mostly playing games using dx11 and they look terrible and have "weird" physics, like characters colliding and stuttering/shaking. Ive been dealing with this for a year, i know for a fact its not my hardware because i have upgraded every single thing in my computer, monitor and keyboard/mouse controllers etc. This have been done i stages and nothing ever helped. Tried every nvidia setting and "windows tweaks" i can think of.

My current setup is.

Cpu: Intel i9 9900k

Gpu : Asus Rog Strix Rtx 2080 TI

Ram: Hyperx Predator 3200mhz 32gb ( currentrly running at 3000mhz )

SSD: 120gb ssd as boot drive and WDC Nvme 512gb as second.

MB: Asus Rog Strix z390-f

Im at a total loss.. Windows 10 Home , genuine copy.

I don't think DirectX would cause this. What games? Can you try reinstalling Windows and/or GPU drivers?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Sounds weird.. I would need to see it because what you describe... sounds wierd man. Can you upload a video?

Did you do a fresh Windows install during this time of adding upgrades ?

CPU i7 4960x Ivy Bridge Extreme | 64GB Quad DDR-3 RAM | MBD Asus x79-Deluxe | RTX 2080 ti FE 11GB |
Thermaltake 850w PWS | ASUS ROG 27" IPS 1440p | | Win 7 pro x64 |

11 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I don't think DirectX would cause this. What games? Can you try reinstalling Windows and/or GPU drivers?

Every directx game i have tried, NBA 2k19,20 and 21. Metal gear solid v, Assassins creed valhalla. I have reinstalled windows maybe 10 times, even bought another copy. Tried every driver as far back as early september 2019.

ok, this sounds like a choppy frame rate issue with full screen ?  There is some setting I remember doing with Bordered Full Screen, but should not happen with every game

CPU i7 4960x Ivy Bridge Extreme | 64GB Quad DDR-3 RAM | MBD Asus x79-Deluxe | RTX 2080 ti FE 11GB |

9 minutes ago, THraShArD said:

ok, this sounds like a choppy frame rate issue with full screen ?  There is some setting I remember doing with Bordered Full Screen, but should not happen with every game

Yea been thinking that too, 3 different monitors and 2 of them with gsync and still no difference. In the clip, when characters turn they stutter. Not seen in the clip but when they are close to each other they collide/overlap or shake hands 2 feet apart

thats my gpu, just before the massive spikes is in game rest is just at desktop. My other gpu did the same thing on a different setup.

Screenshot 2020-11-29 214547.png

I'd call Nvidia, you should still be under support and would love to hear what they say

8 hours ago, THraShArD said:

I'd call Nvidia, you should still be under support and would love to hear what they say

Im thinking it has to be a windows 10 issue since both my rtx 2060 and my 2080 ti had the same problems?